U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 01:20 PM

4,176 posts, read 9,939,766 times

Advertisements

Geez, what is wrong with you guys? I haven't seen this kind of personal bashing on here before. If I was the OP, I'd have this thread deleted. Lighten up folks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 02:35 PM

3,494 posts, read 13,313,631 times
people need to hear all sides-yes, even the negative. there might be folks out there who are just like me-country, cowgirl types who might be misled to think all the culture in Texas is the same. even I was naive-i thought Texas was Texas...since I had traveled and visited West Texas, Central Texas and East Texas, before taking that job in South Texas, and had no idea that South Texas was truly VERY different than all the other parts of Texas. i wasted a year of my life.

quote=bb54321;5758931]I'm sorry things didn't work out for you here. It really is a great city though and I wish you could appreciation it for what it is. Yes there is some racism here, but it's everywhere. Sad but true. I'm anglo and fit in just fine, but like you said, everyone is different. You don't have to love the place or even make it your home but you also don't always have to give such a negative view to outsiders. It's not as bad as you always make it out to be on these message boards. Corpus Christi has its share of problems but it also has a lot of great things going for it.[/quote]

Old 10-19-2008, 06:56 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,792,055 times
Here is a little contradiction to this article. The two major mall proposals are being postponed due to the recession. Lol, maybe the developers should take a look at the article.

Here is update on the outlet mall on U.S. 77 and on the Crosstown Commons project:
Wall Street slows two mall proposals : Corpus Christi Local Business | Caller-Times |

And people, please stop arguing so viciously with one another. This should be more of a friendly debate . Anyways, we are all different people with different views. Bellestaroftexas, although I dont agree with you about South Texas being unfriendly, I respect your decision. I do not know what kind of experience you were having down here. Just sorry for the negative input this region reflected on you. Maybe one day you may come back for a vacation and change your views on the area. And ocean, that was really uncalled for and unnecessary. And refrain from using racial slurs such as HILLBILLIES, REDNECKS, WET-youknow whats, BEANERS, CRACKER, the N word. They are really unnecessary and very insulting. Come on guys, we have had a lot of threads locked up already because of BS like this. Lets not have another. I didn't create this thread so everybody can bicker against one another. If I would have known it would have created such a stir up, I wouldn't have created this thread at all. Anyways, lets keep it friendly guys, c'mon yall.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:34 AM

5,080 posts, read 8,520,257 times
Hey Gabe it was not your fault. Don't regret posting a great topic. May I make one suggestion though, if your not going to say the N word then please pay the same respect to the other races you slight with the words you used. If one is outta bounds then they should all be. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi