U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 06:46 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,792,055 times

Advertisements

Sorry I had no time. I was called in last night to work overnight so I slept until two this afternoon. Then I watched my son all day. Tomorrow I am off and I go to school. So I will get some photos after I get out of class around 12:30.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 08:25 PM

612 posts, read 1,683,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
1)Rent for small apartments in Corpus is not expensive. You will probably be looking at anywhere from $350-$700 per month depending on location.

2)Downtown is getting a lot of clubs if you are the party type. The AA affiliate of the Houston Astros play here in Corpus, the CC Hooks. There is also 2 arena football teams and a professional hockey team here. Corpus is one of the best places in the world to go wind surfing. There are a bunch of outdoor stuff. A lot of rock and country bands come to town. Shopping is adequate for a city of its size. The USS Lexington is here, the Texas State Aquarium, and a medium sized university, Corpus Christi A&M.

3) Minimum wage here is $6.75 but most retail starts their employees at around $7.50. Cost of living here is a lot cheaper than most of the US. For example, gas here is $1.95. Business is good here. Actually in the whole state of Texas. An outlet mall is soon to start construction on the outskirts of town and a lifestyles center called Crosstown Commons is also planned in the city. Its supposed to be similar to La Cantera in SA. Also the city's main mall is currently under new ownership and being expanded.

4) Corpus Christi is a mix of young people and older people. A lot of college people in town and the clubs are usually crowded on the weekends. Its a fun city if you take advantage of everything it has to offer. I would recommend it for anybody of any age.

If you have anymore questions just ask and I will be happy to answer.
Cool I'm like what I'm hearing. So far plusses. I saw in your profile that you're just a year younger so I can definitely depend on your opinion. Now location as you say... which parts should I avoid/should look into?

I prefer to live where it is bustling with a lot of shops, bars, people are around. I do live between two big parts of my city. If I went East or West about 2 miles, there was a bunch of shops, theatres, restaurants, banks, etc.

I've lived in a bad neighborhood before and experienced many things related to bad neighborhoods and wish to not go through again.

Thanks again man.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:19 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,792,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post
Cool I'm like what I'm hearing. So far plusses. I saw in your profile that you're just a year younger so I can definitely depend on your opinion. Now location as you say... which parts should I avoid/should look into?

I prefer to live where it is bustling with a lot of shops, bars, people are around. I do live between two big parts of my city. If I went East or West about 2 miles, there was a bunch of shops, theatres, restaurants, banks, etc.

I've lived in a bad neighborhood before and experienced many things related to bad neighborhoods and wish to not go through again.

Thanks again man.
If you would like to live in the busiest part of town I would say move to the South Side in between SPID (South Padre Island Drive, the major shopping corridor) and Saratoga Blvd. (another major business corridor). And in between the areas of Weber and Airline Rd. That is the busiest part of town. Lots of bars, clubs, and restaurants. Along with malls and major retail businesses like Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, ect. It is a medium wealth to high wealth area. Either that area or in the Del Mar neighborhood if you can find anything there. It is close to downtown where a lot of clubs are and the sea wall. Also downtown is the American Bank Center, The USS Lexington, Whataburger Field, Old Concrete Street Amphitheater, Corpus Christ Beach, and the Texas State aquarium. Id say rent in both of these areas can be anywhere from $450-$900 a month. But those are probably the most lively areas of the city. Out of the two though, I would recommend the South Side.

Avoid looking into the North Side, the West Side and the Greenwood and the Ayers and Kozstoryz area.

Also if you are looking for city life, even though these are nice areas, avoid Calallen, Portland, and the island. These are pretty much the family areas and older citizens areas of town.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:19 PM

245 posts, read 740,019 times
That's a shame. Looks like they picked a bad time to move. Even with the slowing economy, there are currently 6 residential projects either nearly complete or under construction in the downtown area. They make up almost 500 units combined. If you're trying to deny the fact that Corpus Christi is a good place to invest in real estate, you are sorely mistaken. The city has one of the lowest foreclosure rates in Texas and construction, while going down, is still moving at a brisk pace. Did you just do a search, looking for some negative news to post about CC? Not trying to start an argument...just curious, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi