U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 4,747 times

Advertisements

Why is Corpus Christi not listed as one of the city forums to choose from?

Our economy is good, jobs are steady, real estate is steady and booming compared to many cities. Corpus Christi is also a place of constant relocations due to it being a collage town, a military town, also; it is one place that is popular for winter texans. It would be nice to see it listed with the bigger more popular cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 03:57 PM

808 posts, read 3,350,241 times
To put it simply - there is not enough demand for it on these forums.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:59 PM

28 posts, read 75,891 times
I visited there a couple of years ago, and the beach was nice.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:33 PM

2,601 posts, read 7,753,104 times
Corpus isn't booming Tburke check your facts. Its simply holding its own. Not many people moving in - its small population growth is from its young population having kids.

Some of the towns nearby are booming - Rockport shows steady in migration. Even Aransas Pass is growing despite it having one a city council always in the news for foolish things. Portland too.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:46 PM

15,246 posts, read 17,642,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tburke361 View Post

Our economy is good, jobs are steady, real estate is steady and booming compared to many cities. Corpus Christi is also a place of constant relocations due to it being a collage town, a military town, also; it is one place that is popular for winter texans. It would be nice to see it listed with the bigger more popular cities.
Get ready for the onslaught of people telling you how awful it is here and how miserable they are/were living here. I gave up on telling people it's an ok place to live. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:55 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,752,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
its small population growth is from its young population having kids.
How stupid is that?! You are saying there are 2,000 babies born a year and nobody dying? Its funny how new neighborhoods are popping up all over the southside and out in Calallen but all of the growth is coming from teens having babies? Lol!

I too wonder why there isn't a forum for it. It seems like once every couple of days a new topic is started on it.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:49 PM

2,601 posts, read 7,753,104 times
Gabetex go to the state demographics site - you have spouted all sorts of inaccurate info and I have pointed it out over the last few weeks with sources.

. Corpus has a young population and young populations grow internally as opposed to in and out migration ( you know what that means right)
Corpus not only has a young population but as you should know by now CC high school students are pregnancy prone and there are day care centers at some of them. The highest pregnancy rate in Texas is Brooks County not far south but Corpus is up there. Loving County, by the way has the lowest teen pregnancy rate 0 - why? because there is only 1 teen between the age of 15 and 17, however if she went to Corpus or Brooks on spring break she might make Loving the teen pregnancy capital of the world.

This does not mean I'm putting corpus down. It has some great qualities such as, along with Buffalo, the least traffic of any major city, nice winters and plenty of beach. Most people are friendly and helpful. Its cheap to live. On the other hand, it has ugly and nasty refineries, lots of poverty and low educational attainment. Like many Texas cities it is near the top of the nation in Obesity.

I write articles on demographics and there's a host of interesting stuff around if you do the research.

Right now I'm still wondering about the 5 counties in Texas that went over 91% for McCain, including one that was 93-6 McCain v Obama- 4 of those counties are near the top of the panhandle.

You are correct about Calallen - it has quality growth and Corpus annexed it after a court battle ending I think 1960.. Good point! but dont forget the areas of corpus that many have fled ( staples and The Cut). The Cut is really fascinating however I'll save that for another time.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:05 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,633,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tburke361 View Post

Our economy is good, jobs are steady, real estate is steady and booming compared to many cities. Corpus Christi is also a place of constant relocations due to it being a collage town, a military town, also; it is one place that is popular for winter Texans. It would be nice to see it listed with the bigger more popular cities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by awecelot View Post
To put it simply - there is not enough demand for it on these forums.
Although Corpus Christi does not have its own forum, you might suggest a broader Texas Coastal forum in the About the Forum forum. This could also include the cities near the coast.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:33 PM

5,080 posts, read 8,437,420 times
I think there should be a forum for Coastal Cities, there is plenty of talk and interest for such a forum. Corpus has plenty of people talking about it, an searching for more info.. besides I know many locals who may use it to discuss local goings on.

I would find out who the TEXAS mod is, send them a Direct Message, and ask if they would contact YAC, or Mark Blue for you to add a new forum.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:35 PM

5,080 posts, read 8,437,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Corpus isn't booming Tburke check your facts. Its simply holding its own. Not many people moving in - its small population growth is from its young population having kids.

Some of the towns nearby are booming - Rockport shows steady in migration. Even Aransas Pass is growing despite it having one a city council always in the news for foolish things. Portland too.
Why do you always feel the need to be so negative on everything? How about you post some facts instead of telling everyone else to do your leg work for you. You said I sounded foolish when talking about politics.. who is looking foolish now?

Last edited by Muhnay; 11-06-2008 at 11:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi