U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 10:38 PM

245 posts, read 739,972 times

Advertisements

NFL Alumni get behind Ingleside home development

Organization of former pro football players helps establish country's First NFL Alumni Licensed Community

NFL Alumni get behind Ingleside home development : Corpus Christi Local | Caller-Times |
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 11:40 AM

1,376 posts, read 2,791,734 times
They are lucky this is happening in Ingleside. Corpus would screw up another great opportunity like this if they tried building within the city limits.

I read about this last night and its a pretty good thread.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:34 PM

2,601 posts, read 7,802,431 times
The Ingleside Iguanas... Hmm I have 30 acres in Ingleside on the market - maybe someone will buy it now, get me a little cash, and save me from a life of constant City-Data postings. Pretty land too.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:42 PM

This would have been fine in Corpus too. GabeTx. When did you become so negative and anit-Corpus? Corpus bashing is really getting old.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:54 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,791,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb54321 View Post
This would have been fine in Corpus too. GabeTx. When did you become so negative and anit-Corpus? Corpus bashing is really getting old.
I am not anti-Corpus. I love this city and think its beautiful. I just think its anti-growth. I believe one if not both the Crosstown Commons and the outlet mall deals will fall through.

And plus Corpus would find some way to make it difficult for this neighborhood to be developed in Corpus. Just like they did with the Crosstown Commons. That's why the outlet mall changed their plans from being built within the city limits next to Walmart in Calallen to outside of the city limits by the fairgrounds in Robstown. I just think any major developments will probably be outside the city limits from now on.

And look what they have turned down in the past:

A billion dollar resort and a Sea World. Two huge projects which could have changed a lot for the city. Now Whataburger is relocating too.

All of this just has to say something about the city. You go anywhere else in Texas, you see growth. You come to Corpus, nothing much or slightly significant has changed in the past 10 years, excluding the ABC and Whataburger field. I just think this city should be exploding with growth with all of the potential it has. But so many people are anti-growth here.

Like I said, I love Corpus and its a great city to be/live in. But its finally time for the city to start growing.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:08 PM

I agree that the city needs to grow more. But how did the city run off Crosstown Commons? They gave them everything they wanted. Tax incentives... pretty good ones if I'm not mistaken. The developer just recently said they will announce a new tenant in the next month or two. I think it will still happen. Just give it time. The incentive deal is good for 7 years for a reason. It's a huge project that depends on a lot of different variables.

A lot of what you see getting built in the state now is stuff that was already in the works and had tenants signed on that couldn't back out. Yes, there are a lot of anti-growth people in Corpus but for the first time in a while that is finally beginning to change. Just the last 5 years alone have shown a shift toward pro-growth. ABC and Whataburger Field, tax incentives to businesses left and right.

SeaWorld is an old urban legend. They never had plans to build in Corpus. They may have thought about at one point, but the city did not drive them away. I do agree the resort deal was crap. But I think citizens were falsely scared into thinking that the city would eventually close all of the beach. Notice the beach closure for that same section passed in this last election? And the day after, the developer put up signs for his project. He never sold his property. He was bluffing. He has plans for a new development called the Villages of Upper Padre.

Yes there are some anti-growth people, but dwelling on it and posting about it will only make it worse. It gives people the wrong impression of Corpus because the average citizen here wants growth. They just have a hard time getting heard.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:08 PM

Golf Course is being designed by Bobby Weed. Here's some additional information from his site.

Bobby Weed Golf Design | Golf Course Architecture | Golf Course Designers

Old 12-22-2008, 02:24 PM

304 posts, read 1,051,214 times
"Old" politics are slowly changing in Corpus. Unfortunately many of the residents dont want change therefore, the politicians are listening to those constiuents. One of the agencies that will see dramatic changes beginning in 2008 is the bus system. Again, changes will be hard to get thru because public hearings are required and many dont want bus routes to change, but change they will or the system will die due to lack of funding from not meeting ridership criteria of the fed government and ADA regulations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or