Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 03:31 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times

Advertisements

We had all sorts of talk about Corpus going on, and then all of you went and his under rocks.. come out and chat. Don't let people run you off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 05:27 PM

1,678 posts, read 4,011,529 times
Yes, I love listening to talk of Corpus Christi. I may be moving there here in the near future (contigent on a job willing to pay me what I have requested). I love looking at pictures people take of the area (especially RGV's pics!), and I enjoy hearing what people have to say, and what new things are going on around the Corpus area.

Ian

Old 01-20-2009, 08:39 PM

244 posts, read 804,130 times
I'm still around. I could talk about Corpus Christi for hours. It's great. I thought a CC forum was going to be added to this site. Anyone know anything the status of that?

Old 01-20-2009, 09:07 PM

I think you have to buy Markblu a star Trek outfit or something to get a new forum added. I know she is gonna make me pay for that comment... =)

I kid I kid..

Yeah we have to drum up enough chatter about the area and then ask for it. and if they see a need they add it.

So tell me about Corpus.. what areas to avoid, the best schools, and all that good stuff.. and good jobs in Security or local/short haul trucking down there? Come March I am moving and CC is my first stop.. then on to Rockport, and Galveston. So please sell me on CC.. because I have enjoyed my many visits there in the past. =)

Old 01-20-2009, 10:18 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,411,800 times
Well, Im not hiding, but my computer is broken and I haven't had time to fix it. I am posting off of my phone right now and its time consuming. tomorrow my computer should be fixed so I will be more than happy to discuss the area then. Until so, I shall remain quiet. I will say one thing though to you Muhany. If you enjoy the region, then why look anywhere else to live?

Old 01-21-2009, 12:21 PM

GABE, hey man there you are. How is everything Amigo? I was thinking with all the military moving or moved out in Ingleside, it might be a place to move too.. lots of open empty houses to rent.. What do you all think?

That is a great question Gabe. Well my answer is this.. I like to keep my options open. You never know what opportunities will present themselves. I like the fact that Corpus is not overly touristy. Not until the island that is.. but the city its self is more homey. So you have the best of both worlds. I wish the parks and rec. dept would do a better job on keeping the parks clean. If your going to promote that park with the large wood play thing.. then you better keep it pristine. My only complaint so far.

My biggest thing is the schools. I want my Children to be safe and get an education.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:44 PM

I am doing great! thanks for asking. I actually have an interview with the border patrol on the 27th and I am getting lasik surgery on the 6th of Feb. So I am staying busy. As for you my friend? How are things going?

As for your reply, that is true. Always keeping your options open is a good thing. Ingleside is a nice town. The school system is decent. Safe to say the least. They are actually planning several things for the city of Ingleside. a kind of NFL sponsored neighborhood where retired and current NFL players are to have a home in. Also the base in Ingleside is proposedly going to be turned into a commercial or entertainment district from the last I heard. Very nice town though! In a great location geographically as well. Well, I am short on time so I will talk to yall later.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:03 AM

Im fine.. a bit stressed with some family matters. But nothing that cant be straightened out. I am also tired and ready for the sound of waves, and the chip of flying rats.

Did you get your computer fixed?

Thanks for the bit of info on Ingleside.. I will be sure to check it out.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:55 AM

Well I hope everything works out for you and the family. No, I havent gotten it fixed yet, still online from my phone. I bought the hard drive today at work and my system restore disc comes in the mail tomorrow or monday. Also, fyi, there are several loft and condo projects going on now in downtown Corpus. I know you were interested in that news. I never really thought it was going to happen but the downtown Corpus revitalization project is actually kicking off pretty quick there are at least 4 condo/ loft projects I can think of from the top of my head right now. Most are older structures being renovated.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:59 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
yes ... do please keep up the chatter..... i am in here a few times a week surfing around for info, news, what's goin' on, etc. ...... although irght now, it is looking like i will wind up in victoria instead of corpus, who knows by the time i am actually able to MAKE the move back......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi