U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-27-2009, 07:02 PM
 
8 posts, read 22,056 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

There is a place here on the island that I eat at all the time. You would think it would be expensive too being out here in tourist central. But it is not. If I lived in Corpus Proper I would still make the drive out here to have dinner or lunch, but lucky for me, it just up the road.

So if your ever in the area please make sure to pay them a visit.

PORT A PIZZERIA!

http://www.portapizzeria.com/

Do you know of a hidden gem out here in the Corpus Christi region?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-27-2009, 07:11 PM
 
Location: Texas
3,494 posts, read 13,313,631 times
Reputation: 1384
that mexican restaurant right across the street from the main entrance of Christus Spohn Memorial...i forget the name but it's something Rancho...
they have THE BEST campachanera (or whatever that mexican seafood cocktail is called)...huge goblet stock full of fresh avocado, pico de gallo, cilantro, shrimp...that with saltines is enough for a meal. absolutely delicious cool snack/lunch/dinner in the hot summer.
and just down south in the town of Riviera, King's Inn..the tartar sauce there is to die for. it's not even a tartar sauce. it's like a spread. spread it on saltines and i could eat my weight in it! and their fresh avocado salad and sliced tomatos.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2009, 07:34 PM
 
Location: Dallas
808 posts, read 3,369,289 times
Reputation: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
that mexican restaurant right across the street from the main entrance of Christus Spohn Memorial...i forget the name but it's something Rancho...
they have THE BEST campachanera (or whatever that mexican seafood cocktail is called)...huge goblet stock full of fresh avocado, pico de gallo, cilantro, shrimp...that with saltines is enough for a meal. absolutely delicious cool snack/lunch/dinner in the hot summer.
and just down south in the town of Riviera, King's Inn..the tartar sauce there is to die for. it's not even a tartar sauce. it's like a spread. spread it on saltines and i could eat my weight in it! and their fresh avocado salad and sliced tomatos.
I think the Mexican restaurant you are talking about is Cafe Maya...purple building?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2009, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Texas
3,494 posts, read 13,313,631 times
Reputation: 1384
hmmm..i think that's it. dont recall if it was purple or gold. but it's the only BIG mexican restaurant right across the road from the entrance of the hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awecelot View Post
I think the Mexican restaurant you are talking about is Cafe Maya...purple building?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2009, 08:26 PM
 
Location: Dallas
808 posts, read 3,369,289 times
Reputation: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
hmmm..i think that's it. dont recall if it was purple or gold. but it's the only BIG mexican restaurant right across the road from the entrance of the hospital.
I love Google Streetview...is this the place?

Corpus Christi, TX - Google Maps
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2009, 08:33 PM
 
Location: Texas
3,494 posts, read 13,313,631 times
Reputation: 1384
YEPPERS! That would be it!
Oh, and they have a real good fajita steak type plate with sauteed mushrooms on it (i forget the exact name of the dish)..


Quote:
Originally Posted by awecelot View Post
I love Google Streetview...is this the place?

Corpus Christi, TX - Google Maps
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2009, 08:38 PM
 
Location: Dallas
808 posts, read 3,369,289 times
Reputation: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
YEPPERS! That would be it!
Oh, and they have a real good fajita steak type plate with sauteed mushrooms on it (i forget the exact name of the dish)..
They had some of the best chicken & shrimp fajita tacos I've ever had...I've only been there once, and it was a couple of years ago, but I can still taste those tacos.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2009, 10:24 PM
 
245 posts, read 740,019 times
Reputation: 128
Padre Pizzeria on the island is pretty good too. One of the best pizza pies in the city. The Kitchen Sink is the way to go. Cheap too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2009, 07:36 PM
 
Location: Seymour, CT.
17 posts, read 68,076 times
Reputation: 23
The Astors steak house next to the Holiday Inn. The green goddess is the best.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2009, 09:41 AM
 
15,247 posts, read 17,804,991 times
Reputation: 25506
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8cold View Post
The Astors steak house next to the Holiday Inn. The green goddess is the best.
I haven't been there for probably 35 years. I didn't even know it was still open. Thanks for the reminder.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:46 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top