Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 02:39 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsizzler View Post
Yeah, I have heard alot about avoiding Robstown. Is it really that bad?? Seems like homes are very inexpensive there. I like Orange Grove alot. Any thoughts on Odem? What part of CC is the Tuloso-Midway located in?

Ian
It's not that every person in Robstown is a drug dealer, but it's a notorious area for drug dealing. Plus it's very poor and the politics are atrocious. And the school district is bad. That's why the homes are inexpensive.

I don't know anything about the schools in Odem or Orange Grove but the communities would be fine if the drive didn't bother you and you don't mind living in the sticks. Plenty of people like it. T-M runs along I-37, sort of between Calallen ISD and CCISD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 04:13 PM

808 posts, read 3,646,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsizzler View Post
Yeah, I have heard alot about avoiding Robstown. Is it really that bad?? Seems like homes are very inexpensive there. I like Orange Grove alot. Any thoughts on Odem? What part of CC is the Tuloso-Midway located in?

Ian
Tuloso-Midway is located from roughly McKenzie Road to roughly Clarkwood Road and from I-37 to roughly TX-44. A majority of the area is undeveloped farmland - the neighborhoods are typically found between Rand Morgan and McKenzie (and a little to the west of McKenzie, but I don't know where the magic line is that divides T-M ISD and Calallen ISD).

I don't know anything about the schools in Odem, but it wouldn't be a terribly bad choice...quiet little town. The only thing that might get frustrating is that the train tracks go right through the middle of town, leading to a huge traffic bottleneck when the train comes through.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:10 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,376,939 times
another nice little town is San Patricio, near Orange Grove.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:38 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
Man, just the mere mention of all of those towns brings me back. My mom was born in Sinton and I spent so much time with my grandpa visiting all those places. I agree about Odem. We spent a lot of time there and also going through there and San Patricio, Refugio, Alice and some other little towns out there

Old 02-05-2009, 09:40 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,409,088 times
T-M and Calallen ISD are basically divided by Violet Rd. T-M eastward and Calallen westward. And leopard St. is nice from Rand Morgan in Annaville on westward towards Calallen where it then turns into Northwest Blvd. There are several neighborhoods to check out in this area. It may all seem like a different town or suburb of CC, but its actually within the city limits. Very nice and quiet out here. The population for the 78410 zip code is about 25,000-35,000 I think. So its like a small city of its own with everything you need. But going back east into the city, Leopard is prostitute stravaganza!

Old 02-05-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
T-M and Calallen ISD are basically divided by Violet Rd. T-M eastward and Calallen westward. And leopard St. is nice from Rand Morgan in Annaville on westward towards Calallen where it then turns into Northwest Blvd. There are several neighborhoods to check out in this area. It may all seem like a different town or suburb of CC, but its actually within the city limits. Very nice and quiet out here. The population for the 78410 zip code is about 25,000-35,000 I think. So its like a small city of its own with everything you need. But going back east into the city, Leopard is prostitute stravaganza!
Population for 78410 zip code is a little under 25000 according to City-Data
//www.city-data.com/zips/78410.html

Old 02-06-2009, 08:04 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,409,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awecelot View Post
Population for 78410 zip code is a little under 25000 according to City-Data
//www.city-data.com/zips/78410.html
Oh. i figured it was a little higher because we have a phone book with the Calallen/Annaville population and it was at about 33,000. Are there two different zip codes for the area or is it all the same zip code?

Old 02-06-2009, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
Oh. i figured it was a little higher because we have a phone book with the Calallen/Annaville population and it was at about 33,000. Are there two different zip codes for the area or is it all the same zip code?
I am not sure on that...I think that the western portion of Calallen (past where the high school is) might have a different zip code, but again, I am not sure.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:37 PM

199 posts, read 663,157 times
My condolences

Old 02-06-2009, 01:24 PM

1,678 posts, read 4,010,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontifikate View Post
My condolences
Care to eloborate??

Posts like that really irritate me. If you have nothing useful to add, please don't show your ignorance.

Ian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi