Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 04:46 PM

244 posts, read 801,559 times

Advertisements

You're going to love Corpus Christi. One of the best cities in Texas because it has a vibe of it's own. Not like the rest of Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 07:12 PM

3,977 posts, read 3,651,165 times
I think Corpus Christi has to be a little heaven right here on earth.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:05 AM

1,678 posts, read 4,001,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBeth2 View Post
I think Corpus Christi has to be a little heaven right here on earth.
Yeah, I kind of feel the same way about it, although I haven't had a chance to really "live" there yet. I will definatley let everybody know how I feel about it once I have been in the area for a bit.

Ian

Old 02-07-2009, 10:12 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,138,300 times
Drop by Port A get to know the folks.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:18 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,138,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
It was the only place in Texas where I felt like I stood out like a sore thumb and did not fit in. (blue eyed blonde "Anglo"-and oh i hated being called an Anglo all the time-how would other races like to be just labeled and identified by their race alone?
You do understand that "anglo" is not in any way an insult don't you? Hispanics and anglos get along just fine in Corpus, that's part of why I like the place.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:21 AM

3,977 posts, read 3,651,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsizzler View Post
Yeah, I kind of feel the same way about it, although I haven't had a chance to really "live" there yet. I will definatley let everybody know how I feel about it once I have been in the area for a bit.

Ian

Oh yes, the folks in Corpus are wonderful.. You be sure to let us know what you think when you get there. I am pretty sure you'll agree.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:38 PM

12 posts, read 33,093 times
I'm moving to the Corpus Christi/Kingsville area and have read all the comments on multiple threads. TXsizzler now that you've been there a year or so what do you think? what do y'all think of the 78414 zip code area? Is the hurricane insurance real high for certain areas or all of CC?

Old 06-28-2010, 04:42 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,937,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsizzler View Post
Well, I got the job offer, and the money I was looking for to make a move to Corpus. Although my wife and I are sure we are going to go ahead and accept the offer, I am wanting to know more about the cost of living around Corpus. I have looked through alot of MLS listings, and have kind of a good idea of what to expect, but what are the areas best to move to on a $50k/yr salary?? What are the areas to avoid? Any special kinds of insurance needed for the area (i.e. hurricane insurance, etc)? We may be looking at renting first, as we are going to have to sell our house here in Wichita Falls before buying another.

Also, what is the cost of living like as far as goods/services go? Are they cheaper than most other areas due to Corpus being more of an import area? Any special considerations needed? It will be my wife, 2 kids, and I moving to Corpus.

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Ian

Isn't Portland only seven miles from Corpus? Sorry, I'm seriously curious why someone would need to post such about a city within 15 minutes of their own. This is a serious question and I'm not bashing at all. BTW, good luck in your new job, and congratulations.

EDIT:

Those smacks are for ME!!!! I saw the date of the post and that you are now in Portland (near Corpus), having moved from Wichita Falls. Sorry about that!!!

And I hope you're doing well in your job and new location!

Old 07-02-2010, 06:15 PM

135 posts, read 497,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlp59 View Post
I'm moving to the Corpus Christi/Kingsville area and have read all the comments on multiple threads. TXsizzler now that you've been there a year or so what do you think? what do y'all think of the 78414 zip code area? Is the hurricane insurance real high for certain areas or all of CC?
insurance will be higher along any coastal city, its just the nature of the beast. i think you will love CC., its laid back and is surround by awesome little beach communities. i wish i could move back home to CC

Old 07-06-2010, 08:08 AM

12 posts, read 33,093 times
Thanks Lowviolette, I've never lived near a beach before. I'm looking forward to this new adventure .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi