U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2012, 03:39 AM

114,775 posts, read 57,865,912 times

Advertisements

Anyone remember Wright's bait stand at the intracoastal bridge? It became Pipes after Hurricane Carla? How about Rush's? I forget where CC and Padre Is. began and ended.. Corpus Christi is simply unrecognizable to me it's been so long since I've been here. I mean wow!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 11:55 PM

2 posts, read 6,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I was only a kid, but I thought that it was located further down on ayers street?
Actually, the White Rabbit Nightclub was located on staples(six points area). It was facing what is now Office Depot, now its a small parking lot behind Luciano Italian Resturant. The Carousel Club was across the street from the White Rabbit, its now Office Depot. White Rabbit was best place for disco dancing. The line to get inside used to wrap around the building toward Alameda. Afterwards everyone would head for a all night place for breakfast, I can't remember the name, but people from the Carousel and White Rabbit would be there.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:51 AM

25 posts, read 64,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FURMAN614 View Post
Actually, the White Rabbit Nightclub was located on staples(six points area). It was facing what is now Office Depot, now its a small parking lot behind Luciano Italian Resturant. The Carousel Club was across the street from the White Rabbit, its now Office Depot. White Rabbit was best place for disco dancing. The line to get inside used to wrap around the building toward Alameda. Afterwards everyone would head for a all night place for breakfast, I can't remember the name, but people from the Carousel and White Rabbit would be there.

I think there was an all night restaurant/diner across from the Town & Country shopping center on South Alameda but I cannot remember the name either. Anyone? It was still open in the mid '90s, although it may have been on South Staples.

Last edited by rockets63; 09-03-2012 at 04:05 AM..

Old 09-03-2012, 10:20 AM

11,431 posts, read 17,327,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockets63 View Post
I think there was an all night restaurant/diner across from the Town & Country shopping center on South Alameda but I cannot remember the name either. Anyone? It was still open in the mid '90s, although it may have been on South Staples.
Are you thinking about "Floyd's" on So Staples at Autotown? That was the intersection of gollihar and So Staples.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:22 AM

15,358 posts, read 18,054,527 times
Or Harvey's Barn Door on Staples at Everhart?

Old 09-04-2012, 11:19 AM

11,431 posts, read 17,327,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Or Harvey's Barn Door on Staples at Everhart?
Oh yeah, forgot about that. I don't think that the barn was open 24 hours though. I'm 99% sure that it wasn't.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:09 AM

15,358 posts, read 18,054,527 times
Quote:
Oh yeah, forgot about that. I don't think that the barn was open 24 hours though. I'm 99% sure that it wasn't.
It may not have been in the 80's or early 90's but it was open 24 hours in at least the mid-90's. I went there many times after the bars closed, back in my pre-parent days.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:02 PM

11 posts, read 20,750 times
Remembering the 1950's, Corpus Christi, Tri Drive on Staples, great hamburgers with special sauce. SpudNut Donuts in Ayers shopping center. Soft ice cream either on Baldwin or Morgan, had thin thread of either strawberry or chocolate in middle. Giant ice cream statue somewhere in this area too. Borden ice cream on staples, Toddle House and I think the name was the Chuck Wagon, close to Wynn Seale, had the best chicken and dumplings.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 4,142 times
[quote=Marlow;15921156]
Quote:

I don't remember the name of the club, but the band that played there all the time was Little Ducks from Mars.

I remember Sugar Daddy's too. My brother worked there for a while.

It was the iron horse first i believe and then MARS, cause i used to go there too... and Steve was the bartender..

Old 10-20-2012, 06:31 AM

3 posts, read 8,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockets63 View Post
Yes, your thinking of Harvey's. It was on Alameda where Liquid Town is now. It was open til 4:00am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi