Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 06:21 PM

244 posts, read 803,764 times

Advertisements

With the elections around the corner, just curious who everyone is voting for. I urge everyone to get out and vote and to study up on the candidates before making their choices. We have some great people to choose from this time around and we can't afford to make bad decisions. We need to elect forward-thinking, decisive people. Here are my recomedations:

Mayor: Joe Adame
At Large: Nelda Martinez, Mark Scott, David Loeb
District 1: Kevin Kieschnick
District 2: We're stuck with John Marez
District 3: Roland Barrera
District 4: Chris Adler
District 5: Larry Elizondo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 08:41 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
All I know for sure is that I won't be voting for Mark Scott, Brent Chesney or Melody Cooper for the at-large positions. I've never seen a group of less effective people, or in Scott's case, more opportunistic and self-serving.

In District 4, I'll probably vote for Webster Pell.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:31 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,519,025 times
Nelda Martinez and John Marez are just not very smart.

Melody Cooper is but pretty controversial about her law practice.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:42 PM

Make sure and get out to vote. Tomorrow is the last day for early voting. Election day is Saturday April 4. The younger population needs to get out and vote if they expect to see any change from the status quo. Joe Adame for Mayor!

Old 03-31-2009, 07:50 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
bb, I really don't know anything about Joe Adame. Can you tell me why you're going to vote for him? I'm hesitant because I know he's a commercial real estate developer and I wonder how he will handle any conflicts between city development and his own financial gain. What can you tell me about him?

Old 03-31-2009, 09:38 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,409,088 times
Today is the last day for early voting? Where can i go vote at?

Old 03-31-2009, 11:46 AM

808 posts, read 3,646,717 times
Isn't one of the mayoral candidates originally from out of town? I'd vote for him...at least he has some fresh ideas.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:56 PM

59 posts, read 156,413 times
First post and I hope I do not come off as being too negative. I have lived here since 1992. Moving from the north I thought this was a tropical paradise. I have been disappointed for quite awhile now. It seems that the city is afraid to do anything at all. A quick look back on some of the development ideas that never came to fruition. Landry's was going to maintain a pier and make it a destination much like Kemah. Look at the pier now. I can't even remember the last time I went downtown. Next look at the development on the island. It was going to be a multi billion project. Again a few special interest people decided they did not like the idea and the idea was voted down. Next, memorial coliseum. That place has been an eyesore for years. The city drags their feet and the idea has been on the news for years. Instead of talking about it to death just do something. Other cities do not have the same problems getting things done that we do here in CC. Personally, I do not know what Joe Adame stands for but I do know that the we need a new direction and Henry Garrett will just keep us on the same path.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:25 PM

Marlow,

I welcome Joe Adames business side. It will be refreshing to have someone who knows how to run a business and make decisions. Afterall, CC is just one large business in a sense. And I think he will hand conflict accordingly. There are rules that he'll have to follow when voting on issues. Check out Joe Adame's website at www.runjoerun.org. You can also find some debates at www.kristv.com and on caller.com. Those should help you decide. I really just feel we need new blood in there and I think Henry Garrett is a great guy, he just lacks the leadership skills to get everyone working toward one goal. I think Joe Adame will be able to energize not only the city council but also the residents to restore confidence in our council.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
Today is the last day for early voting? Where can i go vote at?
Shoot, I thought tomorrow was the last day of early voting. Guess I'll have to wait until Saturday. If it's still open tomorrow, I do know you can vote at City Hall. I think there's also a list on the city site cctexas.com or caller.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
View detailed profiles of: