U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 07:46 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,633,182 times

Advertisements

Took a walk today with the family out around the Shoreline Drive/McGee Beach/Cole Park area, thought I would shoot some pics (cell phone camera--sorry, not great quality). It sure was breezy today, but at least it was fairly mild.

Cole Park sure is busy on the weekends. Kinda irritates me to see the litterbugs out there though. I also noticed that some of the trash recepticles were overflowing... does the city not do anything to try and empty these trash cans for weekend traffic? I am sure that is why I was seeing some of the trash out there. Lots of good walkways around there though.

I think next weekend we will try to rent one of those large bicycle things you see on Shoreline Dr sidewalks and see what that is all about.

Northern Edge of Cole Park

Marina behind Marina Del Sol

Another marina shot behind the Marina Del Sol

Yet another marina shot behind the Marina Del Sol

Near the Holiday Inn on Shoreline Dr.

Some pretty palms on Shoreline Dr.

Looking down Shoreline Dr.

Entering McGee Beach.

Looking south on McGee Beach.

Ian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 08:11 PM

9,353 posts, read 17,655,701 times
great pictures ... thanks for sharing........

Old 03-29-2009, 08:29 PM

808 posts, read 3,348,897 times
The Gulf Clipper looks like it's sinking

Old 03-29-2009, 08:58 PM

1,363 posts, read 2,749,723 times
Nice pics. Today sure was a pretty day to go walking on the bay front.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:23 PM

11,431 posts, read 17,040,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
great pictures ... thanks for sharing........

wonderful pictures!! I didn't realize that the gulf clipper was in such disrepair!!! When did that happen? That boat was so fun to ride on back in the day. there was that one and the "Captain Clark" that I remember. the beach is called "magee beach"

Old 03-30-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
... the beach is called "magee beach"
Based on the City of Corpus website, its actually called McGee beach. Here is the link:
Official web site for City of Corpus Christi, Texas

Some more links with McGee beach:
Things to do in Corpus Christi Texas
McGee Beach - Beach in Corpus Christi TX - UpTake

Ian

Old 03-30-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsizzler View Post
Based on the City of Corpus website, its actually called McGee beach. Here is the link:
Official web site for City of Corpus Christi, Texas

Some more links with McGee beach:
Things to do in Corpus Christi Texas
McGee Beach - Beach in Corpus Christi TX - UpTake

Ian
thanks. i stand corrected. your pictures are really beautiful. thanks for doing the city the justice that it deserves.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:05 AM

Talking Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
thanks. i stand corrected. your pictures are really beautiful. thanks for doing the city the justice that it deserves.
I appreciate that. I will try to get out some more here in the coming days and take some more pics around the area. I need to get my Canon Powershot batteries charged up (haven't done so due to moving here last week), which is why I have been using my cell phone camera. Fortuantely, my cell phone has a 2.0 MP camera on it, so it can take half way decent pics here and there. Just have to watch my lighting though.

Ian

Old 03-30-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsizzler View Post
I appreciate that. I will try to get out some more here in the coming days and take some more pics around the area. I need to get my Canon Powershot batteries charged up (haven't done so due to moving here last week), which is why I have been using my cell phone camera. Fortuantely, my cell phone has a 2.0 MP camera on it, so it can take half way decent pics here and there. Just have to watch my lighting though.

Ian

Where did you find the "gulf clipper"? I looked for it over the weekend where it "used to be", but it's long gone. the whole peoples' street t-head had a whole new look to it, kinda sterile looking though. i liked the gritty look that it had before.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:10 PM

It was behind the Marina Del Sol Condos, next to Cole Park in that closed off marina on the north side of the park. It looks like it would have been alot of fun to have rode in its hayday.

Ian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi