U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 12:27 AM

1,379 posts, read 2,799,775 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Corpus for the last 14 years or so. Lately it has been growing pretty fast, but before that it wasnt really growing. But like any other city, it has its booms and it has its times when its pretty much dead. But lately we just got a AA Houston Astro affiliated baseball team and we have had the IFL, (Intense Football League), an arena football team, and just about all highways are being inlarged or constructed. Such as SPID, the freeway going through the main buisness district where everything is. Also interstate 37 is being improved and has a lot of construction along it, as well as Tx highway 44 going from Corpus to Robstown. Same thing as Us highway 77 its being enlarged because it may be future highway interstate 69. Corpus also has the 6th buissiest port in the US. Another area growing fast is Downtown where an area similar to Austin's club blocks may be built. Also a new hi-rise may be built by the harbor bridge. Padre Island may buidl a 1 billion dollar resort on it. And finally, the Calallen/Anaville area is growing quickly. Neighborhoods are going up everywhere around here, especially up FM 624 where a new neighborhood of a 1000 homes is being constructed with a lake inside. I forgot what it is called but it is a huge project. Also an H-E-B Plus may be constructed or a Super Target. They are still in negotiation. Right now though, Corpus is growing fast. I know you would be able to get a construction job quickly, and fishing will be easy to get into. Also if your intrested, you may want to consider law enforcement, Corpus is very short on Police and fire fighters. Down here they get paid very good too. I think Corpus is a very good place for you to start/restart your life, especially since it is so affordable.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2006, 06:16 PM

2 posts, read 4,584 times
Thumbs up Life in Corpus Christi

So, I live in Corpus Christi. I was born here, spent 22 years in Oklahoma, particularly Oklahoma City, and I also wanted a slower life.. If you're not locked into a certain field, even better. We moved the whole family down-- So, looks as if you need to have a look see... What can we help ya with? Mrs. B. (and Mr. B too)

Old 08-14-2006, 04:42 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,307,648 times
What is the typical winter day like in Corpus?

Old 08-14-2006, 02:24 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,776,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx
I have lived in Corpus for the last 14 years or so. Lately it has been growing pretty fast, but before that it wasnt really growing. But like any other city, it has its booms and it has its times when its pretty much dead. But lately we just got a AA Houston Astro affiliated baseball team and we have had the IFL, (Intense Football League), an arena football team, and just about all highways are being inlarged or constructed. Such as SPID, the freeway going through the main buisness district where everything is. Also interstate 37 is being improved and has a lot of construction along it, as well as Tx highway 44 going from Corpus to Robstown. Same thing as Us highway 77 its being enlarged because it may be future highway interstate 69. Corpus also has the 6th buissiest port in the US. Another area growing fast is Downtown where an area similar to Austin's club blocks may be built. Also a new hi-rise may be built by the harbor bridge. Padre Island may buidl a 1 billion dollar resort on it. And finally, the Calallen/Anaville area is growing quickly. Neighborhoods are going up everywhere around here, especially up FM 624 where a new neighborhood of a 1000 homes is being constructed with a lake inside. I forgot what it is called but it is a huge project. Also an H-E-B Plus may be constructed or a Super Target. They are still in negotiation. Right now though, Corpus is growing fast. I know you would be able to get a construction job quickly, and fishing will be easy to get into. Also if your intrested, you may want to consider law enforcement, Corpus is very short on Police and fire fighters. Down here they get paid very good too. I think Corpus is a very good place for you to start/restart your life, especially since it is so affordable.
Corpus is not growing "fast" maybe above what's it been doing the past ten years but no way is it growing "fast."

6,000-8,000 people a year isn't "fast".

Old 08-18-2006, 07:46 PM

122 posts, read 776,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. B. View Post
So, I live in Corpus Christi. I was born here, spent 22 years in Oklahoma, particularly Oklahoma City, and I also wanted a slower life.. If you're not locked into a certain field, even better. We moved the whole family down-- So, looks as if you need to have a look see... What can we help ya with? Mrs. B. (and Mr. B too)
Sorry, haven't been checking in as much lately, I'm in Omaha doing some electrical work, but will be headed back to Fort Worth next Friday. Not entirely certain how long I'm gonna be in Fort Worth or if I'm coming back to Omaha at all, not that fond of the lack of friendliness up here. Anyway...

Side note, I spent some time in Oklahoma City when I was in retail management, still preferred being in Texas Glad to hear yall like it down there though!

I've visted Corpus briefly a few times, there's not much more the place could sell on me than what I already know. It would just be a matter of finding reasonable employment. Can't help but consider the fact that I'm missing a Fort Worth summer by being in Omaha (they think 95 is hot), wouldn't bother me to miss an Omaha winter by being in Corpus

Old 08-19-2006, 10:37 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,667,708 times
Quote:
Corpus is not growing "fast" maybe above what's it been doing the past ten years but no way is it growing "fast."

6,000-8,000 people a year isn't "fast".
Which,if you are looking for a laid back lifestyle in an interesting city is a good thing,not a bad thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or