Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 04:01 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,411,800 times

Advertisements

Sprinkled at my house today out here in Calallen! I actually heard thunder today too! LOL. Its been way to long since it has rained.

Here are a couple of pics I took in my back yard this evening.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 07:53 AM

162 posts, read 705,684 times
I saw the same rainbow from my house! I thought I was going crazy -- I kept hearing a "truck starting up" before I realized it was thunder, lol. I checked the local radar at kristv.com and it showed a small-ish thunderstorm that was moving from Odem. It was definitely a nice little surprise.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:00 AM

484 posts, read 1,631,815 times
According to the local radar at: AccuWeather.com - Weather Radar - Local, State, Regional & National (http://www.accuweather.com/radar-local.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&site=KCRP &type=R1&anim=1&large=1 - broken link) We might get sprinkled on again today. I will have a camera ready because it's been so long since I've seen real rain I've forgotten what it looks like.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:26 AM

gabetx,

Judging from your photos, I suspect we used to be neighbors. I used to live in the neighborhood defined by the intersection of Leopard St, and Violet Rd, with Rockwood St as a main bypass, just a bit north of the Tuloso-Midway high school.[SIZE=4][/SIZE]

Old 05-26-2009, 09:26 AM

162 posts, read 705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtx View Post
According to the local radar at: AccuWeather.com - Weather Radar - Local, State, Regional & National (http://www.accuweather.com/radar-local.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&site=KCRP &type=R1&anim=1&large=1 - broken link) We might get sprinkled on again today. I will have a camera ready because it's been so long since I've seen real rain I've forgotten what it looks like.
We already got slammed out here this morning in the Calallen area before daylight. Lightening, thunder and rain, weeeee!

Old 05-26-2009, 03:24 PM

We just got a sprinkle here. I watched the storm come through on the radar,,, quickly got dressed and ran around the yard with the fertilizer spreader just knowing we were finally gonna get a decent rain. Guess what??? Just got enough to dampen the sidewalks.

I'm back to watering the lawn again. Oh, heckydarn~! (I know this is read by mixed company or I'd use a stronger word)

Old 05-26-2009, 03:25 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
You had a sprinkle and we had a spritzer ( I guess you could call it...lol)........
I love the rainbow........

Old 05-26-2009, 04:43 PM

I'll go out and take a picture of my lawn sprinkler. (bummer)

Old 05-26-2009, 09:57 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,411,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtx View Post
gabetx,

Judging from your photos, I suspect we used to be neighbors. I used to live in the neighborhood defined by the intersection of Leopard St, and Violet Rd, with Rockwood St as a main bypass, just a bit north of the Tuloso-Midway high school.[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
I live right on the other side of Oil Belt in between Woodland and Wandering Creeks. I live in the Woodland Estates. So you were about a half mile away.

We have been getting some good rain here. Its supposed to rain even more tomorrow. I love this weather! Only thing I'd wish is that we would get a nice thunderstorm overnight. There isn't anything better than falling asleep to the ambient sounds of softly rolling thunder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi