U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-27-2009, 08:48 PM
 
23 posts, read 128,848 times
Reputation: 18

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
It could be tourists doing the Spring Break drink and screw then suffering regret the next day, or the angry wife who files when he hubby forces himself, or the 18 yr old with the 15 or 16 yr old girlfriend and dad finds out. I would check with the Police department.
Um, if a husband forces himself on his wife, that's rape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-28-2009, 07:19 AM
 
Location: Calallen :)
163 posts, read 630,157 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by amywill5918 View Post
Um, if a husband forces himself on his wife, that's rape.
Whoa, I had missed that comment previously. Argh, no comment...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 09:51 PM
 
23 posts, read 128,848 times
Reputation: 18
I hope that argh was on my side and you agree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2009, 09:54 PM
 
23 posts, read 128,848 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Rape arrests often occur between people who know each other- where one person maybe dos too drinking or whatever gets out of line with another. These charges often come from college parties etc.
{Mod Cut - Attack}
Very true, I worked for a rape crisis line and we had extensive classes before and yes, many times the VICTIM does know their attacker, date RAPE is still rape. Why would it be higher here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2009, 07:23 AM
 
Location: Calallen :)
163 posts, read 630,157 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by amywill5918 View Post
I hope that argh was on my side and you agree!
Oh, definitely yes. It doesn't matter WHO rapes a woman -- rape is brutally traumatizing to a woman, regardless of who her attacker is and to insinuate it's not "real rape" because the perpetrator married her is absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2010, 10:40 PM
 
Location: Lancaster, TX
1,574 posts, read 3,527,597 times
Reputation: 2409
Default 2009 Corpus Christi Metro Crime Statistics

Earlier this month, the FBI released its annual "Crime in the United States 2009 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/index.html - broken link)" report, containing crime statistics for cities across the country. In the table below, the number of violent and property crimes committed in 2009 are compared with the 2008 figures for cities and county agencies (Sheriff's Offices) in the three-county Corpus Christi Metropolitan Area. 2009 violent and property crime rates per 100,000 inhabitants are also included. Cities that experienced an overall decrease in crime during 2009 are shown in Red.

The data used to create this table can be found at the following links:
TEXAS - Offenses Known to Law Enforcement, by State and City: 2008 Report (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2008/data/table_08_tx.html - broken link), 2009 Report (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/data/table_08_tx.html - broken link).
CRIME IN TEXAS - Crimes by Jurisdiction: 2008 Report, 2009 Report.

.................................................. ...2009 CRIME RATES
CITY.................VIOLENT...PROPERTY...OVERALL...VIOLENT / PROPERTY
Aransas.Pass.........(-23.1%)..(- 7.6%)...(- 8.4%)..(337.6) / (6876.8)
Bishop...............(-70.0%)..(-12.2%)...(-16.5%)...(96.1) / (3459.3)
Corpus.Christi.......(+ 6.2%)..(- 8.7%)...(- 7.0%)..(822.6) / (5604.0)
Driscoll............(-100.0%)..(-63.0%)...(-65.3%)....(0.0) / (2125.0)
Gregory..............(-83.3%)..(-66.7%)...(-67.9%)...(45.7) / (1142.6)
Ingleside.............(+ 6.7)..(- 4.7%)...(- 4.1%)..(177.7) / (2709.9)

Mathis...............(+34.6%)..(+11.8%)...(+14.3%) .(662.1) / (4313.3)
Port.Aransas.........(+13.6%)..(+ 0.9%)...(+ 1.7%)..(641.7) / (8675.6)
Portland.............(+ 5.9%)..(+14.6%)...(+14.3%)..(107.3) / (2872.6)
Robstown.............(± 0.0%)..(-27.0%)...(-26.3%)..(181.7) / (4435.8)
Rockport.............(- 5.3%)..(+25.2%)...(+23.9%)..(179.5) / (5206.5)
Sinton...............(+13.6%)..(- 8.2%)...(- 5.5%)..(469.8) / (2743.8)
Taft.................(-31.0%)..(+35.7%)...(+16.2%)..(600.4) / (2852.0)
COUNTY AGENCY
Aransas.County.......(+11.1%)..(+10.3%)...(+10.4%) .(213.0) / (3563.6)
Nueces.County........(-11.1%)..(- 1.4%)...(- 3.5%)..(449.6) / (1767.0)
San.Patricio.County..(-11.5%)..(- 8.0%)...(- 8.2%)..(119.9) / (1789.9)


CORPUS.CHRISTI.METRO.(+ 4.2%)..(- 7.5%)...(- 6.3%)..(656.5) / (5003.1)
STATE.OF.TEXAS.......(- 1.6%)..(+ 2.6%)...(+ 2.1%)..(490.9) / (4015.5)
UNITED.STATES........(- 5.3%)..(- 4.6%)...(- 4.7%)..(429.4) / (3036.1)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2011, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
16,769 posts, read 42,867,580 times
Reputation: 9333
The City of Corpus has moved its crime reports and maps to a new location. City of Corpus

This crime report map is pretty good for getting an idea of what areas to avoid. Community Policing & Neighborhood Crime Statistics | CrimeReports.com

You can set filters to show just the violent crimes to separate those out from property crimes. You can pretty much count on any shopping center or strip mall area in any city to attract a lot of petty property crimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2011, 12:46 AM
zix
 
79 posts, read 326,265 times
Reputation: 57
CC has a more thuggish uneducated type of feel. If a higher percentage of people are not educated, they have lower incomes and more likely to resort to crime and violence. While higher educated people also resort to crime, the lower educated rif-raff types are more inclined to engage in criminal behavior.

The best way to cure this is to improve the schools, offer more educational opportunities.

This is not meant as an attack on this town. I am simply sharing my experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2011, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX
16,769 posts, read 42,867,580 times
Reputation: 9333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acntx View Post
Earlier this month, the FBI released its annual "Crime in the United States 2009 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/index.html - broken link)" report, containing crime statistics for cities across the country. In the table below, the number of violent and property crimes committed in 2009 are compared with the 2008 figures for cities and county agencies (Sheriff's Offices) in the three-county Corpus Christi Metropolitan Area. 2009 violent and property crime rates per 100,000 inhabitants are also included. Cities that experienced an overall decrease in crime during 2009 are shown in Red.

The data used to create this table can be found at the following links:
TEXAS - Offenses Known to Law Enforcement, by State and City: 2008 Report (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2008/data/table_08_tx.html - broken link), 2009 Report (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/data/table_08_tx.html - broken link).
CRIME IN TEXAS - Crimes by Jurisdiction: 2008 Report, 2009 Report.

.................................................. ...2009 CRIME RATES
CITY.................VIOLENT...PROPERTY...OVERALL...VIOLENT / PROPERTY
Aransas.Pass.........(-23.1%)..(- 7.6%)...(- 8.4%)..(337.6) / (6876.8)
Bishop...............(-70.0%)..(-12.2%)...(-16.5%)...(96.1) / (3459.3)
Corpus.Christi.......(+ 6.2%)..(- 8.7%)...(- 7.0%)..(822.6) / (5604.0)
Driscoll............(-100.0%)..(-63.0%)...(-65.3%)....(0.0) / (2125.0)
Gregory..............(-83.3%)..(-66.7%)...(-67.9%)...(45.7) / (1142.6)
Ingleside.............(+ 6.7)..(- 4.7%)...(- 4.1%)..(177.7) / (2709.9)

Mathis...............(+34.6%)..(+11.8%)...(+14.3%) .(662.1) / (4313.3)
Port.Aransas.........(+13.6%)..(+ 0.9%)...(+ 1.7%)..(641.7) / (8675.6)
Portland.............(+ 5.9%)..(+14.6%)...(+14.3%)..(107.3) / (2872.6)
Robstown.............(± 0.0%)..(-27.0%)...(-26.3%)..(181.7) / (4435.8)
Rockport.............(- 5.3%)..(+25.2%)...(+23.9%)..(179.5) / (5206.5)
Sinton...............(+13.6%)..(- 8.2%)...(- 5.5%)..(469.8) / (2743.8)
Taft.................(-31.0%)..(+35.7%)...(+16.2%)..(600.4) / (2852.0)
COUNTY AGENCY
Aransas.County.......(+11.1%)..(+10.3%)...(+10.4%) .(213.0) / (3563.6)
Nueces.County........(-11.1%)..(- 1.4%)...(- 3.5%)..(449.6) / (1767.0)
San.Patricio.County..(-11.5%)..(- 8.0%)...(- 8.2%)..(119.9) / (1789.9)


CORPUS.CHRISTI.METRO.(+ 4.2%)..(- 7.5%)...(- 6.3%)..(656.5) / (5003.1)
STATE.OF.TEXAS.......(- 1.6%)..(+ 2.6%)...(+ 2.1%)..(490.9) / (4015.5)
UNITED.STATES........(- 5.3%)..(- 4.6%)...(- 4.7%)..(429.4) / (3036.1)
That is good information. However, I noticed that while property crime went down in Corpus, violent crime increased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2011, 12:44 AM
 
Location: San Diego, California
196 posts, read 590,869 times
Reputation: 113
I think everyone needs to remember that due to the corruption of South Texas the stats are not what they seem. South Texas is VERY corrupt and many things are hidden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top