U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 09:41 PM

82 posts, read 200,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missWendyS View Post
Just to clarify things, as a lot of people have misread it, my handle is Miss Wendy S, not misswendy's, just to let some people know.

And good, I see that there are some people pushing for change. Im not saying people aren't, being as Im not even from the area, Im just researching the area for a possible move and noticed a lot of complaining about CC's lack of development and suggested that action may do more then complaining. To me it makes sense, maybe Im wrong though as Im not even a resident, but its a moot point anyways and was only a friendly suggestion.

If people would rather keep complaining and keep seeing no change then apply that energy to pushing for change, and possibly actually see it, who am I to judge? I do not wish to get into arguments about an area I don't reside in and virtually know nothing about.

I, for one, like how CC and the surrounding areas sound as they are, but I tend to prefer a small close-knit city vibe to a big city one like where I live now. Its a small outlying community but 20 minutes from the city if I want a taste of city life. Id stay here if it wasn't for the freezing temps, snow, and boringness of the area.

All teens face the issues of peer pressure and hormones but less then half make mistakes like getting pregnant too early. If you raise a strong, self confident child who respects themselves and others and who is knowledgeable about stuff like drugs, alcohol, and teen pregnancy then they will be less likely to make bad choices.

Out of my family of 4 siblings and 8 cousins only one person got pregnant too early, the others waited. Kids only think its cool to get knocked up in high school, if thats what they learn at home. If you inform your kids of statistics regarding teen pregnancy and lack of success in life, drugs and alcohol too, then they will be more likely to use protection and stay safe. especially in today's environment of rampant STDS even life threatening ones. Plus if you have a daughter who is involved in things she loves like gymnastics and dance or sons involved in sports, kids are less likely to chance messing those things up with risky decisions. That's my opinion
And sometimes those same kids that became pregnant as teens, have amazing experiences and grow into fabulous moms. My daughter (high school cheerleader captain) got pregnant at 16, had the baby and did an amazing job with her. My granddaughter is 13 now and my daughter is a fabulous mom, independent and strong. She was involved in many things (youth programs, cheerleading, private art classes, etc) and yes, she missed out on a lot by having to take responsibility early. She'll be the first one to tell kids today how hard that was. Mistake? Well... we didn't want to approach it as that... and my fabulous granddaughter could never be considered a mistake.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 08:57 AM

85 posts, read 208,745 times
misswindy it's a shame we'll be moved by the time you ride in on your white horse and save this place. Who knows, you might just do some things here that they've needed for years. I hope you do and wish you luck. I don't like moving but, my gosh, I want to live in a place that has more than this. Can you bring another 10,000 people with your thoughts to help this place out? It has such awesome potential

Old 09-18-2009, 06:59 PM

306 posts, read 359,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by produrre View Post
And sometimes those same kids that became pregnant as teens, have amazing experiences and grow into fabulous moms. My daughter (high school cheerleader captain) got pregnant at 16, had the baby and did an amazing job with her. My granddaughter is 13 now and my daughter is a fabulous mom, independent and strong. She was involved in many things (youth programs, cheerleading, private art classes, etc) and yes, she missed out on a lot by having to take responsibility early. She'll be the first one to tell kids today how hard that was. Mistake? Well... we didn't want to approach it as that... and my fabulous granddaughter could never be considered a mistake.
Sounds like daughter and granddaughter are very lucky to have such strong caring support and you should be proud of not only them but yourself for helping your daughter become a great adult, many others have not been so fortunate, congrats to all of you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi