Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 07:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,246 times

Advertisements

Young family possibly moving from New England to Corpus Christi area for a job transfer. Excited to leave the sub zero temps in winter and be near the ocean. Looking for feedback on Calallan vs. Portland vs Flour Bluff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 09:40 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,410,816 times
Do you have any kids? Are you buying or renting? Are you looking for a house or apartment? Where will you be working? Are you looking for a suburban area or urban area? Do you want to be near the ocean or inland?

I need some more info to help you out. Glad to hear you are moving down here though.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:40 AM

162 posts, read 705,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rskylar View Post
Young family possibly moving from New England to Corpus Christi area for a job transfer. Excited to leave the sub zero temps in winter and be near the ocean. Looking for feedback on Calallan vs. Portland vs Flour Bluff.
There's another recent thread here within the last week or so discussing these three areas in depth. Check it out and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:53 PM

49 posts, read 153,202 times
Be careful, I came on here to find some of the same information you are and ran into tons of negativity no matter what was asked. { mod cut - personal attack} It took me a while to comb through the mud slinging to find out as much honest, unbiased and helpful information regarding my likely move from the PNW to CC or its surrounding areas, as possible. Regardless of all the negativity and mud slinging, I still think Corpus Christi is the right decision for my family, if not, we can always pack up and move on. Good luck with your move

PS Gabetx seems to be the one giving out the most helpful and lucrative info in this forum so far, and does not appear to involve him or herself in mudslinging fests as have others, i have found his/her info quite helpful and informative

Last edited by Oildog; 09-14-2009 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: TOS Personal attack

Old 09-14-2009, 04:58 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Those three areas form a triangle around Corpus itself - each has their fans and they are very partisan. Nothing wrong with that, they love where they live. All are nice as are several areas of Corpus. I'm particularly fond of the area between Ocean Drive and Alameda - those are older neighborhoods but beautiful trees and yards.

Your decision will probably hinge on schools if you have children. Everyone will try to play nice (about pushing their favorite area) and answer your questions. I travel to New England (Maine) every couple of years - in the interest of full disclosure, I don't currently live in Corpus but I grew up there and visit about 6 times a year.

Welcome to Texas - you will love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
View detailed profiles of: