U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 07:55 AM

163 posts, read 638,694 times

Advertisements

...Didn't Corpus Christi Intl. Airport offer direct flights to Las Vegas for a while? Or am I imagining things?

Anywho, the husband and I were looking to go to Vegas for three days during the week in March since airfare and hotel stays are a LOT cheaper. I was browsing the Southwest website and from a Monday-Wednesday (as well as Tues.-Thurs) are pushing $900! I thought that seemed a bit high even flying out of C.C., since I know the further in advance you purchase tickets, it's supposed to be cheaper. I know that they're probably expecting Spring Breakers, so that's probably one reason they're a little higher as well.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience to flying to Las Vegas out of C.C? When's the best time to buy tickets? I'd fly out of SA, but we're going to be pressed for time as it is, so I really don't want to go that route. Any information would help -- thanks in advance!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 12:52 AM

85 posts, read 209,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalallenMom View Post
...Didn't Corpus Christi Intl. Airport offer direct flights to Las Vegas for a while? Or am I imagining things?

Anywho, the husband and I were looking to go to Vegas for three days during the week in March since airfare and hotel stays are a LOT cheaper. I was browsing the Southwest website and from a Monday-Wednesday (as well as Tues.-Thurs) are pushing $900! I thought that seemed a bit high even flying out of C.C., since I know the further in advance you purchase tickets, it's supposed to be cheaper. I know that they're probably expecting Spring Breakers, so that's probably one reason they're a little higher as well.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience to flying to Las Vegas out of C.C? When's the best time to buy tickets? I'd fly out of SA, but we're going to be pressed for time as it is, so I really don't want to go that route. Any information would help -- thanks in advance!
We may have started a non stop flight to Vegas but I haven't been on one. We've always had to stop in Houston or Dallas. Wow, 900? We never paid that much! I don't know what's going on with that. I'm trying to remember back on all the flights there and I believe 400 per person was the highest we paid.
What about trying something like travel zoo to find cheaper rates? There are websites that will find the lowest fares for you also. Two years ago we paid 1700 for 2 to fly to Va. (the trip was booked 2 months in advance) This summer the rates dropped and going to Chicago was only 147 round trip per person. The airlines are hanging on by the seat of their pants right now and fares are all over the place.
I hope this link works. It has much lower fares to Vegas Discount Airline Tickets, Affordable Flights, & Low-Cost Airfare from Travelzoo SuperSearch

Old 09-16-2009, 06:07 AM

Thanks a lot, Floridalooking! I'll definitely check out the site and see what I can come up with.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:16 PM

85 posts, read 209,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalallenMom View Post
Thanks a lot, Floridalooking! I'll definitely check out the site and see what I can come up with.
Have a great time in Vegas!

Old 09-17-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridalooking View Post
Have a great time in Vegas!
Thanks a ton! I checked out the link and the prices were actually a bit more than the Southwest tickets still. I suppose March is just a more expensive month with spring bfreak going on, grrr...

Old 09-17-2009, 07:12 AM

59 posts, read 144,181 times
Do a search on an airline called agilent air. They have direct flights out of Laredo to Las Vegas for cheap. They have a calendar showing when the flights are the cheapest.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:38 AM

Holy crap, that Allegiant Air is ridiculously cheap! We can fly ON a weekend with a nice hotel for $600-ish together. ::faints:: Must...look...more...into...this...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi