U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 08:41 AM

2 posts, read 5,129 times

Advertisements

Where's the waves?? I realize cc has the bay, but where do I go to find the coast? Or better yet, any beach that's not too crowded(if they even get crowded)
what's some good places to go

and don't turn this into a bash about cc, I don't care what you hate about, I love, my fiancé loves it and you couldn't ask me to go back to Abilene
leave negativity to my other post you guys ruined

peace
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 08:59 AM

15,247 posts, read 17,829,425 times
I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you looking for directions to Padre Island? Or are you wondering why there aren't any waves right now?

If you're just exploring, I suggest you start at Port Aransas and start making your way down the island, checking out a new spot each weekend, or whenever you get a chance. Different parts of the beach are owned by the city, the county, the state and the federal government (that's the Padre Island National Seashore). There are different facilities at each spot, different parking/driving possibilities, etc. If you have a 4-wheel-drive vehicle you can drive much farther down the beach.

If you're asking about the waves, I don't know much about that. Maybe there are some surfers or windsurfers who can tell you about that.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:09 AM

17,031 posts, read 28,011,820 times
The only time they get "big" waves is before a hurricane. Just take 37 east until you see signs for SPID then head that way.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:03 AM

13,757 posts, read 6,596,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesracing9 View Post
Where's the waves?? I realize cc has the bay, but where do I go to find the coast? Or better yet, any beach that's not too crowded(if they even get crowded)

and don't turn this into a bash about cc, I don't care what you hate about, I love, my fiancé loves it and you couldn't ask me to go back to Abilene

peace
Actually you are never far from the "coast" anywhere in Corpus.

1 : the land near a shore : seashore

That said - if you want a good overview, I would suggest you take a nice drive. It's possible (even highly recommended) to take a loop that would actually show you most of the coastal area around Corpus - part of that "drive" will be on a free ferry.

If it's actual "waves" you are looking for ... the surfers always are the best source.

Find Waves in Corpus Christi

If it's sandy beaches without a lot of developement - my family has always headed straight to Mustang Island and take access road 3 or 2 to the beach.

http://www.scubamom.com/travels/corpuschristi/isloop5.gif%5DScenic%20Drive (broken link)Corpus Christi Area maps & activities - a very nice site by "scubamom".

Old 09-21-2009, 06:01 AM

85 posts, read 209,140 times
Quote:

peace
Go over to the island by the pier and you'll find enough wave action to surf in. Granted it's not like So Ca for waves but for avid surfers you'll get your surf fix. There's a group with Bay Area Fellowship (church) that used to regularly get together (not sure if they still do but you can check) to go surf and that might interest you.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:42 PM

9 posts, read 72,039 times
Quote:

peace
The waves are small in the Gulf of Mexico unless a storm is brewing. Oceans have larger waves. Google Texas Beaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi