Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2007, 08:34 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,346,068 times

Advertisements

Have a VERY hot date with a high ranking military officer TOMORROW nite..coming from out of town (from the area of TX i am from, so he doesnt know restaurants around the gulf coast either).......
we both decided seafood.
where is the BEST seafood AND with a good view/atmosphere??? Port Aransas or Corpus or Padre (not SOUTH Padre)..........
please help me quick with suggestions!
thanks yall!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 10:34 AM

797 posts, read 2,986,712 times
You might try Landry's on Shoreline Blvd in Corpus, the location and food are rated well. We attempted to try it for New Years Eve but the prices were a bit to much for a family of six.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:45 AM

108 posts, read 483,479 times
I would probably make Landry's my last choice in Corpus. It is a chain restaraunt and can be eaten at major cities across the state.

I would check these out

Two Georges (on Everhart)
Snoopy's (on the water in Flour Bluff, casual, nice atmosphere)
Waterstreet Oyster Bar (downtown)

You can google them, they are all well known in the area.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:47 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,639,746 times
Waterstreet has pretty good food--not a particularly great atmosphere. But you could go for a walk on the bayfront afterward. The Republic of Texas has a beautiful view, but very very pricy. Is Beulah's still open in Port A? It was romantic and the food was delicious the last time I was there, but it's been years. There's always Snoopy's--super casual, but a nice atmosphere, good view, very coastal feeling. How did your other date from a few weeks ago turn out?

Old 05-07-2007, 02:28 PM

Thanks yall! I think Beulah's might be closed. willl find out from SOMEONE. Snoopys............is that in Corpus or Flour Bluff or where? will google it.
Marlow.......last date went very well........will PM you with more details when i get a chance. i am still comparism shopping
has anyone eaten at Black Diamond Oyster Bar on Rodd Field Rd?
wont do Landrys-dont like chain restaurants.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:34 PM

108 posts, read 483,479 times
Snoopy's is in the Bluff, on the island, along the intracoastal, under the JFK causeway

Old 05-07-2007, 03:41 PM

whats the food like? atmosphere? any raw oysters there? can you walk on a beach after dinner from there? cant find it in my coastal bend menu guide nor a menu online! still lookin

Old 05-07-2007, 03:52 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,639,746 times
Black Diamond was THE place when I was a kid--but I haven't been there in years. I'm pretty sure it's frozen seafood and the interior is dark with lots of fishing nets hanging from the walls.

At Snoopy's you order at a counter and can sit outside and watch the sun go down over the intracoastal waterway. You might see a dolphin. Don't go too early or you'll be blinded by the sun. I think they have the best fried fish in town. The food comes in little paper containers--again--super casual. It's great to sit outside, chat, drink a beer. Just depends on what atmosphere you're looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
View detailed profiles of: