Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 02:56 PM

2 posts, read 4,747 times

Advertisements

Hi all! My husband, child, and I will be transfering to NAS Corpus Christi in March and I was hoping to get a little information about the area. We don't want to live in military housing so I was hoping someone could point me in a direction that is close to NAS and nice. Also what's the prices of groceries like? I live in hawaii and its rediculous here. A gallon of milk is $6, spam(the local favorite) is $3 a can...so you can imagine how expensive everything else is here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 07:07 PM

2 posts, read 4,747 times
Default Apartment complex

Also any recommendation on a good apartment complex would be great. I am moving in blind and know no one. I really really don't want to live in military housing. We do hear and it is HORRIBLE! Also a nice sized kitchen would be great!

Any farmers markets? Where is the best place to buy fresh seafood?

Old 01-30-2010, 01:04 PM

423 posts, read 823,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addysmommy View Post
We don't want to live in military housing so I was hoping someone could point me in a direction that is close to NAS and nice.
Unfortunately most apartment complexes that are relatively close to NAS located in Flour Bluff which is a total ghetto. Others will have loud and annoying college students, because A&M isn't very far from NAS. I lived in few of those and "nice" is not the first word I would use to describe them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addysmommy View Post
Where is the best place to buy fresh seafood?
Right off the boats on the Ocean Dr.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:43 AM

252 posts, read 724,343 times
Quote:
Others will have loud and annoying college students, because A&M isn't very far from NAS.
I was at A&M Corpus for a short time. In all honesty, everyone I knew at A&M Corpus who lived off-campus didn't live in the immediate neighborhood around campus... it was way too ghetto. All the parties I went to were actually across the freeway.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:14 AM

423 posts, read 823,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triwing View Post
I was at A&M Corpus for a short time. In all honesty, everyone I knew at A&M Corpus who lived off-campus didn't live in the immediate neighborhood around campus...
Do you see the problem with your statement?

Old 02-11-2010, 09:08 AM

136 posts, read 336,806 times
I was at in cc for 6 years @ A&M and most all the people I knew lived at 5 miles out with the exception of those at Baypoint.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:09 AM

13 posts, read 34,060 times
I am also in the process of locating a prospective apartment. Since you're in Hawaii...why don't you try going to Apartmentguide.com and looking up some of the apartments there. You can see pics, prices, and see which ones are close to NAS. Good Luck!!!

Old 02-27-2010, 08:15 PM

4 posts, read 13,266 times
You didn't mention they age of your child, but if he/she is school age, Flour Bluff is supposedly one of the better districts. Just like all of the others who have posted before me, MOST of FB is pretty ghetto as are the apartments nearest the University. There are two complexes near both that are nice, but pricey. I live in Baypoint and pay over $1000 for a 2/2. You could also look on Padre Island for housing and not so run-down. As for groceries; Milk is about $3.50 per gal depending on the kind you buy and Spam is around $2. Safe Travels!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi