U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 12:29 PM

25,163 posts, read 49,695,853 times

Advertisements

I have relatives from Corpus Christi and some of them are very unfriendly and fake people but those are just my relatives.

Corpus Christi itself is a NICE city and the beach is actually really nice. I don't see why people complain about the beach when it looks a lot nicer than it did in the past.

Last edited by artsyguy; 09-17-2007 at 12:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 07:58 PM

49,610 posts, read 39,549,832 times
They've got great beach property there. North Padre is actually quite nice. I've always loved the drive along Ocean Dr. and Shoreline, and there are great sights. The JFK Causeway offers good views, too. I probably wouldn't want to live there, but I highly endorse it as a great place to visit.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:20 PM

3,494 posts, read 13,267,552 times
i live south of corpus, and moonlight in corpus (work second job) and the one thing i can tell you, 90 percent of everyone i talk to, whether they are transplants or native, dislike living in the corpus area and want to move, or would move if they could. i dont like living in a place where folks dont want to be, dont have civic pride.....
on the other hand, you dont hear too many folks in the Hill Country bashing the area!!
when i lived in Ft Worth and rural counties west of Ft Worth, i rarely ever heard any negativity about where people lived. i never once said to myself "gawd i wish i could get the hayull outta here" (only reason i even moved at all was because my husband at the time enlisted in the military and we moved out of state)
i want to live where folks LIKE to live, where they are PROUD of their town and like to show it off to out-of-towners and relatives from other places.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Make Ol' Harmon Dobson Proud

But, gang, you can always think of something good about Corpus Christi, too. Like getting a Corpus Whataburger! That's where it all began!

Old 09-18-2007, 10:29 PM

i just had a STORM burger today in Lampasas...way mo bettah than Whataburger or Sonic or any other fast food joint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
But, gang, you can always think of something good about Corpus Christi, too. Like getting a Corpus Whataburger! That's where it all began!

Old 09-19-2007, 04:10 PM

5,080 posts, read 8,455,264 times
Oh Belle stop Raining on his parade.. He is right though that a WHAT-A-BURGER from Corpus is rather good. Never had a Storm Burger.. do tell Belle.

Case, if you get a chance goto Gulfport Mississippi on Highway 49 and visit the What-A-Burger there.. its outstanding, and much bigger than the ones in Texas, and much fresher but don't tell any Texans, they may cry. =)

Old 09-19-2007, 05:25 PM

some links i found when googling "storms" in lampasas, where i ate yesterday...

Storm's Restaurants

What's New at Storm's (http://stormsrestaurants.com/storms__what's_new.html - broken link)

The Austin Chronicle: Columns: Day Trips

Texas Burger Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Oh Belle stop Raining on his parade.. He is right though that a WHAT-A-BURGER from Corpus is rather good. Never had a Storm Burger.. do tell Belle.

Case, if you get a chance goto Gulfport Mississippi on Highway 49 and visit the What-A-Burger there.. its outstanding, and much bigger than the ones in Texas, and much fresher but don't tell any Texans, they may cry. =)

Old 09-19-2007, 05:29 PM

I'll have to try that. But I think they're all going to be like that, anyway.

As far as Corpus Christi the tourist attraction, they've got some pretty good things. What I failed to mention in a previous post was they've got plentiful opportunities for visitors (the Aquarium, for example), so I actually see some positives negating all the negatives that we've mentioned already.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:33 PM

5,080 posts, read 8,455,264 times
I'm too far away right now to give one a go Belle, but when I pass though that area again, I will make sure to deviate from my path to stop and try one. Thanks for the links and the heads up.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:18 PM

2 posts, read 5,328 times
I grew up in Corpus Christi, but left when I was 40. When I was in Ray High School we all used to complain that there was nothing to do unless we went to the beach. There is just not too much entertainment available, unless you plan to be outdoors constantly. My concern about CC is that so many areas, neighborhoods have gone down hill. I don't see shopping areas, neighborhoods getting a face lift that would help the economy and welcome newcomers to the area. It is very sad to see. I'm afraid that many people might be on gov. assistance and have no money for updates on their property. I have traveled many places in Mexico from the border to the west and east coasts, and what I see in parts of CC resemble the poor areas. Maybe it is a City Management problem. Don't get me wrong, I love Corpus and the people. I just want to see updates with buildings, neighborhoods and streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi