U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 12:34 AM

136 posts, read 309,543 times

Advertisements

Corpus Christi ranks No. 1 for digital technology » Corpus Christi Caller-Times

The caveat here is that it centers around local government's use of WIFI. As one comment said, never mind the fact that CC lacks basic technologies such as a widespread fiber optics network or even basics like full HD implementation among its TV affiliates. Has anyone seen the archaic systems used by those very same local governments?
Rate this post positively

Old 11-05-2009, 04:28 PM
SOM

124 posts, read 436,083 times
Hey, wow man, that's a really cool bit of info....glad you told us how mistaken the Center for Digital Government is. Guess the city of CC really snowed them, huh? But not you! Thanks!

Hey, guess where I am?

I'm in an airport in Wichita, on my way home to CC. I used to live in Wichita, HATED it, and moved to CC, where I am much happier.

Guess what I'm not doing?

Posting on a WIchita forum about how much Wichita sucks! I say, if anyone is *stoopid* enough to like it here, I'll just leave them in their ignorance. As for me, I'm looking forward to getting on the 'plane.

You really should be more like me.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:55 PM

245 posts, read 739,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOM View Post
Hey, wow man, that's a really cool bit of info....glad you told us how mistaken the Center for Digital Government is. Guess the city of CC really snowed them, huh? But not you! Thanks!

Hey, guess where I am?

I'm in an airport in Wichita, on my way home to CC. I used to live in Wichita, HATED it, and moved to CC, where I am much happier.

Guess what I'm not doing?

Posting on a WIchita forum about how much Wichita sucks! I say, if anyone is *stoopid* enough to like it here, I'll just leave them in their ignorance. As for me, I'm looking forward to getting on the 'plane.

You really should be more like me.
Excellent comparison. Thank you. Is it some sort of sick ego boost for people to put down CC, even after they've left? My sister does it all the time and she's been gone for 15 years. I just don't get it. It's quite sad, really.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:55 PM

Because it's oh so comical to see a piece like this that somehow attempts to marginalize a metropolis like NYC and some how place Corpus ahead of it in some really very insignificant nonimportant 3rd party rating. Yes real cool.

The laughable spin this article puts on the town is certainly worth the post and a jab or two!

Old 11-05-2009, 10:34 PM

82 posts, read 200,282 times
SOM, thanks for posting. LOL! I've lived in large cities like Chicago... and, yes, loved them. If it weren't for the weather, we'd be back in Chicago... but we're moving to CC and I'm looking forward to making the best out of what CC has to offer and being a part of the chagne. I'm more interested in solutions not focusing on the problem, and hope to find those positive attributes about Corpus and focus on what is good. Where I'm living now they didn't even have a fine arts gallery... until I put in a proposal to the city officials and stayed with it... now they have a beautiful fine arts gallery to be proud of and I was in on the grass roots operation to help get it off the ground. It doesn't take big huge leaps to bring positive changes to a city, it just takes lots of people doing a small part.

I'm coming into town next week to look for a house. I think we will be looking in the Lakes area this visit.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:11 AM
SOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by produrre View Post
SOM, thanks for posting. LOL! I've lived in large cities like Chicago... and, yes, loved them. If it weren't for the weather, we'd be back in Chicago... but we're moving to CC and I'm looking forward to making the best out of what CC has to offer and being a part of the chagne. I'm more interested in solutions not focusing on the problem, and hope to find those positive attributes about Corpus and focus on what is good. Where I'm living now they didn't even have a fine arts gallery... until I put in a proposal to the city officials and stayed with it... now they have a beautiful fine arts gallery to be proud of and I was in on the grass roots operation to help get it off the ground. It doesn't take big huge leaps to bring positive changes to a city, it just takes lots of people doing a small part.

I'm coming into town next week to look for a house. I think we will be looking in the Lakes area this visit.
Welcome! YOU sould like just the type of person that Corpus Christi can use!

If I can make a recommendation, check out the older neighborhoods between Ocean Drive and Alameda....Del Mar, Lamar Park, etc. Older homes with lots of character, established neighborhoods, close to the bay and downtown, no traffic. Really the best that CC has to offer!

Old 11-07-2009, 11:07 AM

Welcome Produrre. I have to agree with SOM. The Lakes area is really nice but there is so much characture in the neighborhoods closer to downtown. I live in this area and love it. We look forward to having another positive thinker in our city and it won't be hard for you to focus on the positives in this community because there are hundreds.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:52 AM

Here is another hilarious anecdote:

So it turns out my neighbor (a UT student) is a CC native, born and raised. I had the pleasure of meeting her and her folks, very nice people, who are in the process of now ditching their home in Corpus to move to either San Antonio or Austin because " there is just nothing to do there "... They are 3rd generation natives BTW.

They have spent the past 3 weekends up here with their daughter and in those 3 weeks pretty much wrapped up their plans to move. I think it might have been the UT football game. Best friend and his gf -- 12 year natives of CC area -- re now scouting employment opportunities up here as well.

Keep on truckin' with that impressive WiFi network.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no cigar View Post

So it turns out my neighbor (a UT student) is a CC native, born and raised. I had the pleasure of meeting her and her folks, very nice people, who are in the process of now ditching their home in Corpus to move to either San Antonio or Austin because " there is just nothing to do there "... They are 3rd generation natives BTW.

They have spent the past 3 weekends up here with their daughter and in those 3 weeks pretty much wrapped up their plans to move. I think it might have been the UT football game. Best friend and his gf -- 12 year natives of CC area -- re now scouting employment opportunities up here as well.

You're still yapping? Incredible! Wow one couple decided to move to Austin. People move from Austin to CC all the time. Who cares? Different strokes for different folks. Besides, nothing to do here? That a lame excuse and I don't buy it. Anyone not able to find something to do in CC is just plain boring or just not looking hard enough.

Keep on truckin' with your pathetic view of the world and your city of wannabe rockers in skinny jeans....Austin used to be cool...

Old 11-08-2009, 10:48 AM
SOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no cigar View Post

Wow, that IS hilarious!!! Thanks for sharing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi