U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 07:47 AM

4 posts, read 9,239 times

Advertisements

I live up in Detroit, have never been to Texas, and love to vacation. I've been pretty much everywhere else - Miami, all of Florida, Cali, NOLA, and most large cities across the country. I'm drawn to the warm weather, tropical type places but would like to stay in the United States.

I've always been interested in Corpus Christi ever since I dated a girl from there. Have never visited and would like to see what it's like.

I'm a 26 year old single guy, like to party but also like to explore and immerse myself in a little culture - something off the beaten path, maybe the best of both worlds. I'll be coming down with a friend (guy), so we'll be looking for good food, decent night life, great weather, relaxation, a little culture, and a chance to meet some ladies.

My question is this - What to do in Corpus, and does Corpus fit the bill? I would definitely appreciate any info as far as where to stay, when to go (we'll probably head down between now and April), where to fly in to (I was thinking San Antonio or Houston), and what to do.

I've always been interested in Corpus and it looks like a beautiful city. Let me know.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 12:58 PM

15,247 posts, read 17,797,135 times
When are you coming and how long will you be here?

I'm pretty much passed partying and night life, but I don't think that those are CC's strong points. Although when I was in my 20's and 30's I always managed to have fun. Anyway, it's more of a beach, surfing, fishing kind of town. That said, I'm sure there must be something to do in the evening. There are college kids here. I guess someone younger is going to have to fill you in on all of that.

If you have more than a couple of days, you might think of spending a few in San Antonio, Austin or Houston and spending a few down here, especially since you're thinking of flying in and out of those cities. That way, you're pretty certain not to get bored.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:32 PM

17,031 posts, read 27,972,073 times
My understanding was that Port Aransas was more of the party area.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:04 PM

Location: TX Hill Country-Helotes, Pipe Creek/Lake Hills & San Antonio, TX
845 posts, read 1,427,979 times
Arrow Corpus Christi

This is an interesting website that may tell you about the happenings and where to go in CC, TX.....
Things to do in Corpus Christi TX: Texas City Guide by 10Best

Corpus Christi/Upper Padre Island Visitors Convention Bureau website.....
Corpus Christi Hotels, Beaches, Attractions & South Texas Beach Vacations

Port Aransas Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau.....
Port Aransas Chamber of Commerce & Tourist Bureau, Port Aransas, Mustang Island, Texas Beach Vacation Destination

Corpus Christi is very close to North Padre Island, Mustang Island and Port Aransas, Texas.....
from: corpus christi, texas to: port aransas, texas - Google Maps

Old 11-17-2009, 06:15 PM

2,601 posts, read 7,800,539 times
I like the north beach area - cheap places to stay and close to everything- not much traffic and lots of beach. The villa del sol condos have jaccuzis - pools - and some fun people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi