U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 06:42 PM

82 posts, read 200,306 times

Advertisements

Well, today we put an offer down on a house in Kings Crossing. Though I was concentrating on the Bay Area, the home in Kings Crossing had what we were looking for... open floor plan, updated amenities and a workable art studio space. Now, I'm crossing fingers the offer gets accepted. If so, we'll be moving by the Christmas holidays. My husband, either way, will be moving by December 1 as his new job at Del Mar begins at that time. He'll be hotel bound until the full move takes place.

Weird thing is, as we were looking at our final choices Friday, the top choice had a hallway leading into the utility room with a 1.5 inch difference in floor elevation... and I stepped on it, rolled my ankle, and now have a broken leg! So here I am in a Corpus hotel, making an offer on a house that I just christened by breaking my fibula right above the ankle. Now I have 12 weeks ahead of me in a cast when I'm trying to juggle a move across the state and I can't even drive a car! Some people consider it bad luck... i think the universe was stopping me so that I didn't look at any more houses. hahaha! Seriously, this house had everything we were looking for, including a fabulously landscaped tropical oasis in the backyard with mature plants. Crossing fingers it all works out.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 07:31 AM
SOM

124 posts, read 436,120 times
Ouch! As one who can roll his ankle standing still, I feel your pain!

Good luck on the house....sounds wonderful. I prefer being close to the bay, but in actuality, when you're home you're either in your house or your yard. So unless you're actually on the water, the location is pretty irrelevant at that point!

What is your husband doing at Del Mar? (Asking 'cause my daughter currently goes to Del Mar)

Old 11-15-2009, 08:08 AM

245 posts, read 739,835 times
Sorry, to hear that. Sounds like you got off to a rocky start. Welcome to Corpus Christi! Hope you get settled in and enjoy all the great things about our city. Good luck with the new house. Nice area.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:16 PM

82 posts, read 200,306 times
My husband is the new Provost/Vice President of Instruction at Del Mar. He's looking forward to working with the president to bring Del Mar into the next century with improvements to education and more inventive opportunities for the college. Now, how to do this move thing with a broken leg... Haha!

Old 11-16-2009, 12:37 PM

15,247 posts, read 17,797,135 times
So sorry about your leg! But glad you found a house you like. Hope you heal up quicker than expected.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:13 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,658,241 times
Sorry to hear about your leg! Wow! I just bought a home in Portland (closed on the house Oct. 30th). Our laundry room has a 1.5 inch step-up that goes into the kitchen. I have stubbed my toe on that damn thing twice (both times very hard... surpised I didn't break my toe!!!). I am now remembering quite well to the step now, and you will (especially given your traumatic start).

Anyhow, welcome to the area! I really hope you take advantage of the great outdoor things we have available here, and not be one of those people who complain, complain, COMPLAIN (did I mention complaining??). There are enough of those people on this board... it would great to have a change of pace!

Ian

Old 11-17-2009, 06:00 PM

304 posts, read 1,051,078 times
Did I hear you calling me txsizzler? Busy, busy, busy so have not had the opportunity to visit this site lately. Welcome produrre. We are quickly approaching 2 years here from Minnesota and haven't regretted the move for a minute.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:17 AM

484 posts, read 1,451,192 times
Sorry to hear about the leg.

We also have about a 2" elevation change in the laundry room. The engineer in me says that's a good idea in case you ever have a washing machine disaster so your kitchen/house doesn't flood, (water will drain into the garage), but I have stubbed my toe on it. Some things just need to be explained.

Good luck on the house offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or