U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 01:59 PM

2,601 posts, read 7,749,737 times

Advertisements

North Beach is great - used to be seedy so long time Corpus people can't adapt. Its closer to downtown than many CC Neighborhoods and has lots of beach. Lots of cheap land too. If CC grows -NB will have a great future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 09:39 AM

6,788 posts, read 12,167,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
North Beach is great - used to be seedy so long time Corpus people can't adapt. Its closer to downtown than many CC Neighborhoods and has lots of beach. Lots of cheap land too. If CC grows -NB will have a great future.
There is like 2acres of waterfront for around 250K. The cost is totally unreal. My real estate agent had a client that tried to build some houses in north beach and navigating the process was a nightmare.

I just bought a villa del sol condo. The place is still a dump which is why water view condos are selling for 30-40K.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:14 AM

5 posts, read 6,866 times
There is a lot going on in Corpus Christi that does not help people with a view to growth that is related to "livablility". The current administration is made up of real estate agents and business developers who are speculators, not leaders. That means they promote churning and turnover more than actual development. They play into elitist hands long enough to pocket some money with no concern for the actual life of the actual town. Ironically, anyone who pays for property and then finds they cannot enjoy it will serve to profit the speculators more than ever because they will want to turn the property over for some kind of positive return asap, and then so will the next buyer and the next, ad infinitum. Those real-estate agents in city hall know this and profit from it. I love North Beach, and I suppose the existence of wetlands and wetland regulation is an additional hurdle for developers, but if it slows the process down and keeps the voracious denizens of the city hall speculators on the other side of the bridge, that's ok with me. Anyone who is looking for a laid-back beach community should be willing to quietly customize the property to their own needs and then they will be happy, especially as economic times in general are becoming unpredictable.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:34 AM

5 posts, read 6,866 times
Well, a north Beach Christmas is coming my way. looking forward to it and God Bless y'awl in whatever Christmas is coming yours! (notice the bad pun, "yawl"..... *LOLOL*)

Old 12-14-2013, 09:21 AM

11,431 posts, read 17,041,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
This thread supplies the answer to the OP's question. Years ago North Beach had problems and a bad reputation. Old timers remember and are slow to change.

With the rapid growth of Portland and Rockport to the North, and some congestion in Corpus to the South North Beach is prime to grow. Its the best georgraphical location in the area. It probably also has the highest beach to person ratio.

I bought one of those Villa Del Sol Condos and have it leased it. It cost about $40,000, eventually they will be much more expensive. I also bought several lots on a corner of Beach and Timmons for $14,000 in 2001 or so and about 18 months later sold them for $66,000.

North Beach is the best place in Corpus Christi to invest in- although "The Cut" has some more speculative appeal.

If I didn't want to go to Ingleside or Rockport ( which is pretty much a sure thing due to continued growth) I would not hesitate to look at North Beach.
Why does "the cut" have speculative appeal?!!!

Old 12-14-2013, 09:31 AM

11,431 posts, read 17,041,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Mcninja View Post
I will go on record saying Fajitaville has good food, a good atmosphere, and a great view. There need to be more restaurants in CC that take advantage of the one thing we have that other cities don't, the water.
I went to Fajitaville once with my mom and that was enough! The first floor was very loud. The second floor where we dined was extremely crowded with the tables tightly packed together. The third floor seemed ideal, but closed and not very many tables.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:46 PM

2,601 posts, read 7,749,737 times
wehotex-- If Corpus grows and gets more businees - the location of the Cut ( even more than North Beach) is perfect-right next to downtown. As many of the structures have been torn down -the place is quiet and green during the daytime. Its still considered dangerous. This patter of bad aress near downtowns showing big improvement is nationwide -but there has to be growth.

North Beach is a safer bet.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:17 PM

484 posts, read 1,432,954 times
I wonder if North Beach isn't held back because of the massive amount of wet lands in the area. It's hard to develop or build on swamp land.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:14 PM

2 posts, read 2,054 times
Default "Bill the Beachcomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
I do , I do ,,,,,,, I used to go to a tattoo parlor there directly under the Bridge ,, "Bill the Beachcomber" with my latest outlaw oilfield/sailor boyfriend of the day

I still continue on today with my artwork at Electra Art but me and one or two older artists talk about that place ,, it is very signifcant in tattoo-ing history ,,actually a very famous place that , of course, served sailors from around the world ......

I realize this is not for everyones taste but is still interesting for some ....

Also that movie " The Legend of Billie Jean" was filmed at that old fun track place there ( and in Flour Bluff -- you can see Dockside Surf Shop )

Do you happen to have any Pcs of his art? That was my pappy but I never got to meet him. My dad and granny had his work on them but I don't have any Photos of it. I would love more history about him and the types of tattoos he did. My granny had a self portrait on her back " a very sexy lady wearing a sombrero" .
Thank you.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:16 PM

2 posts, read 2,054 times
Do you happen to have any Pics of his art? That was my pappy but I never got to meet him. My dad and granny had his work on them but I don't have any Photos of it. I would love more history about him and the types of tattoos he did. My granny had a self portrait on her back " a very sexy lady wearing a sombrero" .
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi