U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2009, 08:54 PM

6 posts, read 18,575 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I was born in Corpus but left in May of 1967. I remember a place that I think was called Santa's Toy Land....and it looked like a Winter Wonderland at the North Pole. The one thing that stands out in my mind are the teddy bears on the teeter totter....or some kind of animals on the teeter totter.

I asked a friend who was also in Corpus and he called it the Eldrige house on Weber and Santa Fee off Ocean Drive. He said there are traffic jams for miles. Does anyone have a website for this place or have directions on how to get there? Would love to see pictures if there are any out there. I have looked but can't seem to find any.

Thanks Laura
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 07:00 AM
SOM

124 posts, read 432,785 times
I believe it was the Aldridge house. It is no longer lit up, I think the original owners passed away.

The best lights in CC that I'm aware of are on Donegal off of Everhart, down near Saratoga. The whole street is decked out, and the surrounding blocks aren't too shabby either!

The most amazing single house is on Carmel parkway right off of Alameda, near the water tower. Amazing.

Ocean Drive is very disappointing this year.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:23 PM

2 posts, read 5,674 times
Default Aldridge

You are right it was the Aldridge Home.I was born and raised in Corpus Christy.Billy and Faye Aldrdge are my great Aunt and Uncle.I grew up with them and my cousins Linda. And Brenda.My cousin Linda Aldridge and her family live in the house after they remodeled it.I know longer live in Corpus But I have very fond memories.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:41 AM

11,431 posts, read 17,056,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneWat View Post
You are right it was the Aldridge Home.I was born and raised in Corpus Christy.Billy and Faye Aldrdge are my great Aunt and Uncle.I grew up with them and my cousins Linda. And Brenda.My cousin Linda Aldridge and her family live in the house after they remodeled it.I know longer live in Corpus But I have very fond memories.
Do you know which Xmas was the last one that was decorated? I'd guess 1984 or 1985. Are your great aunt and uncle still alive?

Old 04-06-2013, 10:31 PM

2 posts, read 5,674 times
Yes I'm thinking the last time was 1981.My Aunt and uncle died a while back.Uncle Billy died of Alzheimer's and Aunt Faye died of just old age.they were great people although a little on the crazy side.lol.Some times I wish I still lived in Corpus,I had a wonderful time growing up there.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneWat View Post
Yes I'm thinking the last time was 1981.My Aunt and uncle died a while back.Uncle Billy died of Alzheimer's and Aunt Faye died of just old age.they were great people although a little on the crazy side.lol.Some times I wish I still lived in Corpus,I had a wonderful time growing up there.
Wow i remember your Uncle and Brenda from Aldridge tv..i bought my first home theater projector from them. They are the reason i got into my home theater hobby. Whats funny is that i also put on a Christmas display at 1316 Buford st. every year (about three blocks away from where the store used to be) complete with snow machines a video wall and lasers. I always wondered who bought your uncles collection of animatronics?
Those pieces are VERY rare and very hard to maintain in the weather. Btw, my display is up every night from 6-to 10pm complete with snow!

Old 12-07-2013, 12:04 AM

4,200 posts, read 3,343,492 times
Drive down Everhart, from Holly toward Saratoga. You'll see all the well-lit neighborhoods, on the right. All the streets around Congressional St., if memory serves.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,441 times
Mr.Bill's house at the corner of Kennsington Ct. and Hampton (Brighton Village) is a great place to stop. News crews and christmas tours stop by every year. He builds just about everything from scratch. He starts setting up in October because there are so many pieces/details. There is a sleigh for the kids to sit in and a talking Santa. When Santa asks the kids by name, what they want for Christmas..their reaction is priceless!!!

Last edited by Texan_4; 11-16-2015 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: Grammar

Old 11-17-2015, 10:08 AM

550 posts, read 356,694 times
The best one by far is out by Congressional where the guy has the whole lawn and house coated with lights and his year round hobby is syncing them to music which he pipes to your car with a low power fm transmitter. The Carmel house was the best for a long time but that guy takes the cake. It's just over the top awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi