U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 06:33 AM
rwr

268 posts, read 548,519 times

Advertisements

Kalolina, about the only place you might be happy in Texas is Austin (a.ka. California on the Colorado). Religion, hunting, bugs,humidity,marriage (as God intended), friendly, caring folk are all part of the South Texas package. Good luck and God Bless.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 05:15 PM

2,601 posts, read 7,801,121 times
kaolina I have an aerial photo of the peninsula and the highway 534. My guess is its about 15 min from George West and never any traffic- email me if you'd like it fish2026@aol.com

Steve

RWR -stereotyping is for small minds. I lived and went to college in Berkeley which at the time made UT and Austin seem like Sunday School ( with much poorer academics). I do not hunt animals and never go to church and am not married but happy in Rockport which although they vote conservative, are very pro-environment and nice.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:49 PM

423 posts, read 749,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalolina View Post
I recently saw a job opening in Three Rivers, but know nothing about it except I have heard that it is humid and there are bugs, are those two things real that bad? What is it like? Is there much to do? Is it heavily religious, would one who is not Christian be alright? Is there crime? Are there rentals? I can't seem to find any on Craigslist. Does any one have any pictures? Is it a good place to raise a kid? When googling it I keep seeing things about hunting, would a vegetarian go hungry? It's Texas, so I guessing it's conservative, but how much? Is it open to different races and gays? Thanks for any insight! I really appreciate it!
I used to live in that town for about 2.5 years. Humidity isn't any different than anywhere else in the state. People in general are religious but I was an avowed atheist and no one has ever given me any troubles, unlike when i lived in East Texas. As for the crime, I only remember there were a few break-ins and also a guy being shot to death by his wife in a domestic argument, that's all the crime I ever heard of. I'm sure there's rentals but I seriously doubt you'll find them on Craigslist, you'll have to actually go there and look for them. No one will force you to hunt or eat meat, so I wouldn't worry about that. I didn't notice any racial tensions in that town or some really obvious intolerance, I knew some guys who were openly gay and I don't think they ever complained about intolerance or anything like that, once again, this isn't East Texas.
The main problem with this town is that it has absolutely no entertainment except for a real crappy movie theater (where they only show PG-rated movies) and a bar where they don't serve any alcohol. People were nice in general, but there was absolutely nothing to talk to them about so it was extremely hard to make friends, since I didn't share any common interests with them. There were times when I felt like shooting myself in the head because of boredom and moving to Corpus was one of the happiest days in my life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi