Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 12:18 PM

7 posts, read 82,461 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Corpus Christi for four months for my husband's job. We have a 10 month old son. We are considering moving into the new Island Villa apartments. The address is 1641 Nile Drive, 78412. I am just interested in knowing what kind of area this is in? Would this be considered a relatively safe and/or desireable area? Is it a convenient area (Grocery Stores, shopping, parks, etc.) Please give me your honest opinion. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 07:43 AM

423 posts, read 823,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakercakes View Post
We are moving to Corpus Christi for four months for my husband's job. We have a 10 month old son. We are considering moving into the new Island Villa apartments. The address is 1641 Nile Drive, 78412. I am just interested in knowing what kind of area this is in? Would this be considered a relatively safe and/or desireable area? Is it a convenient area (Grocery Stores, shopping, parks, etc.) Please give me your honest opinion. Thanks so much!
I used to live on Nile Dr (Corral Cay Apartments). I wouldn't call it exactly the nice part of town, but it's not a ghetto either. It was real convenient for me because it was only 5 mins away from the university. I lived there for 2 years and I don't really remember any serious crime other than occasional break ins into nearby homes.
The area had plenty of entertainment (for me at least), a few bars here and there, a really nice movie theater (a block away from Villa Apts), and a strip club
There's also a hospital nearby, and two shopping malls relatively close. The closest grocery store (HEB Plus) is in Flour Bluff, which isn't far either.
Villa Apartments is probably a good choice because they were built only a few months ago. I can't think of a better apt complex in that area (avoid Corral Cay Apts like a plague).

Old 04-06-2010, 02:20 PM

Thank you so much for your help!

Old 04-09-2010, 04:53 PM

Are there any other apartment complexes you think would be nicer in Corpus Christi?

Old 04-09-2010, 11:57 PM

423 posts, read 823,715 times
Quote:
Are there any other apartment complexes you think would be nicer in Corpus Christi?
Go by the cost. The higher the cost the nicer they'll be... as a rule
But really I wouldn't rent anything around the downtown area, Flour Bluff or any apartment that's between Greenwood and Everhart
Personally I could recommend either Veranda or Summit, both on Staples-Saratoga, just because I had a pleasant experience with them, plus they're located in a fairly decent area.
Are you looking for a specific location or anywhere will do?

Old 04-11-2010, 04:00 PM

484 posts, read 1,631,083 times
There's a very nice looking complex at Saratoga and Cimarron,,, in fact I think it's called the "Saratoga". I live across Cimarron in the Bordeaux area so I frequently drive past that apt complex, it's always well kept and the best part is it is fenced and gated. It's in, IMHO, a great neighborhood and close enough to everything.

I have absolutely no clue about the monthly cost.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
Go by the cost. The higher the cost the nicer they'll be... as a rule
But really I wouldn't rent anything around the downtown area, Flour Bluff or any apartment that's between Greenwood and Everhart
Personally I could recommend either Veranda or Summit, both on Staples-Saratoga, just because I had a pleasant experience with them, plus they're located in a fairly decent area.
Are you looking for a specific location or anywhere will do?
Are the Island Villa apartments in the downtown area? Or between Greenwood and Everhart? I have no idea about any of these places I've never been to Texas at all.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:53 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
If the Island Villa apartments are on Nile, then they are not between Greenwood and Everhart or in the downtown area. I'm not familiar with the apartment complex, but the area should be fine.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:11 AM

484 posts, read 1,631,083 times
Yeah,,, Nile is an OK area, it runs between SPID and the bay, it ends on the bay side very close to the T&MCC campus. As I recall, there are several apt complexes off SPID around Nile.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:16 PM
fsd

1 posts, read 6,052 times
Thumbs down Keep looking

Quote:
My husband and I moved here right after they opened. There has been people who have had their cars broken into and items stolen. When told to Management they said they should not leave anything in their vehicle that someone would want. I personally had my car bumper and hood destroyed. We were out of town and came home to that. It was parked in a well lit area. There are signs posted that there is camera surveillance, but the apartment we live in has only a sign, NO CAMERAS. I spoke to one lady who recently moved due to the late night activity. She was afraid for her children. Another neighbor told Management the tub was cracking and the response was, your husband is a big man. We are moving as well. You are promised a lot of things when you are looking to sign a lease, and then once signed, there doesn't seem to be ANYONE who will respond in a prompt manner or will not respond at all. My advise to you is to keep on looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi