U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 07:50 AM

15,247 posts, read 17,804,991 times

Advertisements

You'll be living close to Price's Chef, Hester's and the Nuevo Cafe--all places to get a cup of coffee and all with different atmospheres. Welcome again--and get in touch when you get settled!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 01:38 PM

5 posts, read 29,373 times
Default Hello All!

Hello again! Hope all are well!

We are settled in Corpus, and adjusting to the new pace of life. (We'd spent many years in a really vibrant neighborhood in Houston, so things here are a bit more....well...quiet. But that's not all bad!!)

Thanks again for the neighborhood recommendations - as we get to know Corpus better, we still find that the neighborhood we are in (near Cole Park) is by far the best fit for us in town. We love the character of the neighborhood and it's proximity to the occasional events in the park. Hopefully we'll be able to afford to buy a place here in the near future!

Changeofpace, I hope your move went well and that you are finding Corpus to your liking! We have found the people here very friendly and helpful, and are pretty happy here so far.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good Mexican food? We'd love to find some great Tex-Mex, and also some more "traditional" Mexican food. Also, are there any decent Cuban/South American restaurants in town? We're missing our black beans and fried plantains!!

Thanks for the info!

Old 12-06-2007, 03:05 PM

Welcome! Glad you're here and adjusting. It's not Houston, but....hope you like it anyway.

Our favorite Tex-Mex is probably Taqueria Acapulco and there's one on Weber and Gollihar and also on Airline across from ToysRUs. Other people swear by La Playa. There are certainly plenty to choose from.

I don't know of any Cuban restaurants, but there is a Puerto Rican restaurant in Habeeb Square on SPID between Airline and ... Nile? It may be Rodd Field Rd., but I think it's Nile. I've only had flan there so can't comment on the food. It's in the same shopping center as the original B&J's Pizza, which is pretty good. Also, a Carribean restaurant is going to open off of I-37 behind the federal courthouse. Don't know what they're going to have.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:56 AM

304 posts, read 1,051,253 times
Default changeofpace

We will be closing on our home Jan 2 (spending new years in the Best Western Marina in Corpus as we leave Minnesota with all our worldly possessions on Dec 30th. Our custom built home is in Cornerstone on Flour Bluff. I will be commuting to Minnesota since I was recently assigned Chairman of Mass Transit for the Republican Convention in Minneapolis_St. Paul Sept 1-4, 2008. I will start with the RTA in Corpus in Sept.
We are so excited to start our new life in Corpus.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:20 PM

3,494 posts, read 13,313,631 times
best mexican i have had is the one right across the street from Christus Spohn Memorial. i forget the name. order the shrimp cocktail. it is a meal in itself and VERY good-mexican style. the only thing i miss about corpus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chioppa View Post
Hello again! Hope all are well!

We are settled in Corpus, and adjusting to the new pace of life. (We'd spent many years in a really vibrant neighborhood in Houston, so things here are a bit more....well...quiet. But that's not all bad!!)

Thanks again for the neighborhood recommendations - as we get to know Corpus better, we still find that the neighborhood we are in (near Cole Park) is by far the best fit for us in town. We love the character of the neighborhood and it's proximity to the occasional events in the park. Hopefully we'll be able to afford to buy a place here in the near future!

Changeofpace, I hope your move went well and that you are finding Corpus to your liking! We have found the people here very friendly and helpful, and are pretty happy here so far.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good Mexican food? We'd love to find some great Tex-Mex, and also some more "traditional" Mexican food. Also, are there any decent Cuban/South American restaurants in town? We're missing our black beans and fried plantains!!

Thanks for the info!

Old 11-10-2008, 08:57 PM

2 posts, read 5,135 times
Default hi all

We're thinking of moving to Corpus and want to know about the area near Lincoln Park and Parkview Gen Hospital. Any opinions? Any areas to avoid, such as high crime areas? We are quiet, normal folks who dont lock our cars in the driveway. Actually I leave the keys in the ignition cuz ts easier to remember where they are. lol

Old 11-11-2008, 08:25 PM

245 posts, read 739,972 times
Neither of those to areas (Lincoln Park, Parkview) exist in Corpus Christi that I know of. Are you thinking of Chicago?

Old 11-12-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb54321 View Post
Neither of those to areas (Lincoln Park, Parkview) exist in Corpus Christi that I know of. Are you thinking of Chicago?
LOL! I looked them up and found them on a Google map. It's the neighborhood behind the intersection of Gollihar and Weber. I don't know what Parkview Gen. Hosp. is now--many, many years ago it was a small osteopathic hospital. Lincoln Park must be a small neighborhood park.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:43 PM

808 posts, read 3,369,289 times
Google Street View shows something that looks like a small hospital where Parkview Gen. Hospital is shown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi