Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2008, 10:03 AM

1,167 posts, read 2,380,105 times

Advertisements

How bad do the spring breakers get in Corpus Christi? Is it the level of debauchery seen in Florida, or are they relatively well behaved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 11:00 AM

15,232 posts, read 35,410,327 times
South Padre has had some bad events over the years, but I am not sure about CC. The Texas coast has gotten much more popular over the last decade or so, mostly due to the much lower cost. I have not been to the beach for spring break in many, many years, so I can't speak personally about the environment there anymore .

Old 04-28-2008, 12:07 PM

595 posts, read 2,711,316 times
If the stories I hear from my kids and their friends are true....watch out!

Old 04-28-2008, 12:49 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,878,685 times
Pretty bad.. it mostly due to gang bangers from San Antonio. They had one kid this year shot in the arm on the beach, and fights break out all the time.. but the police really work it to help keep the peace.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:59 PM

15,232 posts, read 35,410,327 times
There were some issues with the racous out-of-town crowds on the beach and some of the younger locals having some 'disagreements', but I suspect that those are easy enough to avoid, if you want to, and probably easy enough to find, also if you want to.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:27 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,470,234 times
Bad. When I lived there we got the hell outta town every year (we lived on the island). The last year we were there, there were a couple stabbings on the beach & some other violence.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:03 PM

42 posts, read 175,812 times
It wasn't bad at all this year. We live on The Island and the local PD did a great job keeping everyone in check. The few "bad things" (only 1 or 2) you hear about happened quite late when most sane people were at home....by late I mean 3 or 4 in the a.m. I was told most of the problems were by locals who didn't want to purchase a beach access sticker and were upset about their tickets and those few troublemakers who were out that late. I enjoy a beverage (or several) along with the best of them and even I'm home by then! Plus, you can always go to the National Seashore like we did the last weekend of Spring Break and it wasn't crowded at all. Busy? Yes, but not crowded. I was pleasantly surprised. Also....just as a frame of reference...I'm WAY past Spring Break age, so that doesn't color my perception.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:46 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,671,273 times
Where in the heck did any of this stuff happen during Spring Break? We were there and there were no shootings on the beach. The beach area on North Padre Island was FAMILY FRIENDLY calm. Nothing going on at all. Pretty boring as a matter of fact even for my kids. When I was there for Spring Break 23 years ago it was MUCH more crowded.

Most of the local kids go over to Mustang Island to hangout for the day. We did not go there as neither of us are into crowds. Even Port A (Port Aransas) is calm and was no problem getting around even on a Friday night. There are no bars on Mustang Island nor buildings/hotels/condos. There are also no bars on North Padre Island. Barely a pharmacy and a few convienence stores and souviner places. If you want any kind of nightlife you have to go into Corpus Christi and even then the only spring breakers were the locals. No big deal at all. The hotel was full but it was mostly families. The condos around on North Padre were not even full. Empty parking lots at those. The place has barely grown in the last 20+ years. The resorts over near Port A were full but they are a bit nicer than the ones on North Padre. Still not many of those and they are not within walking distance of Port A or each other. Pretty much out there by themselves.

Now, SOUTH Padre Island is a whole nother ballgame. It is not even close to being to North Padre and no one goes back and forth between the two.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:41 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,878,685 times
WOOHOO SEXY! too bad shes taken.. WOOWEE shes a whole lotta lovin. =)

The reason I think the Texas Coast is so popular is you can camp on it.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:39 PM

244 posts, read 799,939 times
Depends on what beach you go to. The beaches at the Seawall near Packery Channel, JP Luby and Port Aransas typically have good looking people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi