U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 04:11 PM

945 posts, read 1,647,113 times

Advertisements

i'd love to rent a bay boat for some fishing for a few hours, the only place i've found period is in rockport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 09:16 AM

16,769 posts, read 42,953,465 times
Corpus: Fun Time Rentals ,Corpus Christi, Texas

Port A: Woody's Sports Center . Port Aransas, Texas Its not clear if this is with a guide or not.

Rockport:

Rockport Marina on the ICW at Cove Harbor

Little Bay Marine

Old 08-03-2010, 03:27 PM

484 posts, read 1,437,539 times
CptnRn,

Kinda a waste of virtual ink there, I posted a long time ago that I was looking to make friends with fellow anglers in the Corpus area. I even have an excellent Majek bay boat, fast, roomy, runs very shallow, etc., I just have no friends who like to fish. Since I retired all my old buddies are still working and I have too much time on my hands. The only thing I would ask is sharing the cost of gas, bait, and beer.
I got zero response to my post. :-(

Old 08-03-2010, 04:09 PM

16,769 posts, read 42,953,465 times
jbtx, that is a shame that you have not had any takers for fishing. I too am retired and would take you up on your offer if I lived closer to CC. I don't make it down there much anymore since I sold my sailboat. I also don't know much about saltwater fishing, having grown up in Wyoming, but I sure do like eating them. I took immediately to sailing when I moved to TX in 77, and love exploring the bays, but never spent any time learning to fish. I enjoy navigation also, worked many years as a land surveyor before I went to college, so it was fun to do it on the water.

Maybe you should contact some of the fishing guides in the area and offer to help out or fill in when they get over booked.

Best wishes finding some fishing buddies.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:45 PM

484 posts, read 1,437,539 times
CptnRn,
Thanks for the good wishes. However, all is not lost, I still have a beautiful family, (non fisher-person types), a wife, and two sons, and can still get out on the bays from time to time. The problems arise when you fish by yourself and catch a big one as there are no witnesses... That gives you no bragging rights. Who's gonna believe you when you spread your hands 30 inches apart and claim to have caught one that big?

Anyway, drop me a line if you decide to work your way towards CC, maybe we can sort out a fishing trip if you have the time.

Oh, BTW, one of my business associates is a big time day sailor out of San Antonio. He just sold his 22' Catalina and is looking to buy a 26'+ boat for lake sailing. He told me he checked out a 26' MacGreggor last weekend but was not impressed. MacGreggor tried to merge a 26' sail boat with an outboard, with poor performance results. He said it was a dog both ways.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:36 PM

245 posts, read 735,643 times
Harrison's Landing on Peoples St. T-Head.

Old 06-10-2016, 03:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,501 times
hello jbtx

we're 3 friends from Houston that plan to go to Chorpus Christi this weekend, if you still want to go fishing reply to this message
looking forward to it.
Antoine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or