Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2011, 12:00 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,442,957 times

Advertisements

What is the poper clothing for dinning in the main dinnering room on a cruise ship and would dress slacks and jacket with a open collared shirt and dress work for the dinning room seating..I have never been on a cruise and would like to know what type of clothing i would need to wear for the evening dinner table seating
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 12:09 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,002,846 times
yes that will be fine, I would bring a blazer also if you have one. The Formal night is tux's (they rent them on board). But I would just put a on a blazer and tie.

Have fun. Just watch out for the nichel & dime 'ing.. They make huge amounts on-board revenue....

Old 03-09-2011, 12:44 PM

i do not drink so that one area and i do not really gamble also beside those two area's what else can they charge you for in the ship

Old 03-09-2011, 01:18 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,221,658 times
it will be dependent on the cruise line ... but I really didn't see too much nickle & diming .... it's just that some activities cost and if you want to partake in those extras you pay extra money

drinks are one of the areas ...... this extends to sodas and bottled water as well for most (although you can get an unlimited soda/juice card on most ships) ...... also most ships don't regulate how much soda or water you can bring on board

most lines will put a standard gratuity on your bill - a per day flat charge

there are photographers that are often a point of complaint ... but if you don't want your picture taken just say no and if you don't want to purchase a photo you don't have to

there are specialty restaurants or other unique dining experiences that can be an up charge ..... on the ship I was on there were two restaurants, I tried them both and found one to be well worth it and one not so much .... i found the main dining room to be very good though

there are also spa treatments and a ton of other add on services depending on your ship (waterslides, rock walls, etc)

on a sea day my wife and I spent the extra money to reserve a spot on a secluded part of the ship with a limited number of passengers and an assigned lounger all day ...... some thought it cost too much, but it was less expensive then the one game of bingo we played that lasted less than an hour compared to enjoying this space the whole day

different strokes for different folks

I would highly recommend checking out the cruise critic site and looking up your specific cruise line, ship and itinterary ..... a lot of good specific information, tips, tricks, etc

also will help get a feel for what is acceptable as far as dress, etc ... this too can vary by line

Old 03-09-2011, 02:12 PM

From what i been told by the people who i worked have said a few diff thing's about some of the onboard thing's to do along with some off the ship item's .. As this is my once in lifetime cruise i plan to make the most of it ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises