Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 07:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazertrek50 View Post
We got back yesterday morning, and all I have to say is we had an AWESOME cruise !
-The weather was good to great for the most part, and though the forecasters predicted rain, it never happened! We had sunny days and some cloudy days and in Skagway it was quite windy (40 mph) and in Glacier Bay it felt like a sunny winter day in December. All in all it was good weather.
- the ship, service, food, activities, and entertainment were all superb!
- our cabin was WONDERFUL (mini suite) we loved sitting on the balcony especially when coming into ports or watching sunrises and sunsets.
- my wife went on two excursions with the wife of the couple we went on the cruise with. The first one was whale watching in Juneau and the second one was bear watching in Ketchikan. She took many pictures of whales and black bears and thoroughly enjoyed both excursions.
- the cruise waters were mostly good though we did do the "rock and roll" a couple of times. One time while going to sleep I almost rolled out of bed, lol. The other funny incident was while working out on an elliptical trainer, I would be going up hill and then downhill, I was chuckling over it.

I could go on and perhaps later I will. I do have a question for all cruisers, I am feeling like I am still on the ship, as in my apartment is moving, lol. Not so much that I am dizzy but off balance, though this morning it didn't bother me when I worked out (elliptical trainer) this morning, it hit me after I showered and has remained with me all day. Has anyone else experienced this after going on a 7 day cruise? I researched my "condition" and I read about a disorder called MdDS (Mal de Debarquement Syndrome). It is not making me feel nausea, but it is annoying.

We took hundreds of pictures and truly had the "time of our lives"!
The I am still on the ship feeling will last a few days and then go away. After you have cruised a few times you won't even notice it, but yes, the first few cruises, can make you rock for awhile. I kinda liked the feeling, but of course I am a little strange.

I am so glad your cruise was all you had hoped it would be, a little rolling for a few days is a small price to pay for 7 days of wonder. If you have never visited CruiseCritic you may want to and let others know how much you enjoyed your cruise experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 08:48 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,238,155 times
Our Inside Passage trip on the Pearl was the greatest vacation we've ever taken. We are going to the Carribean next week but I know it won't compare to the Alaska trip.

Old 12-13-2017, 09:06 PM

37 posts, read 51,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazertrek50 View Post
We got back yesterday morning, and all I have to say is we had an AWESOME cruise !
-The weather was good to great for the most part, and though the forecasters predicted rain, it never happened! We had sunny days and some cloudy days and in Skagway it was quite windy (40 mph) and in Glacier Bay it felt like a sunny winter day in December. All in all it was good weather.
- the ship, service, food, activities, and entertainment were all superb!
- our cabin was WONDERFUL (mini suite) we loved sitting on the balcony especially when coming into ports or watching sunrises and sunsets.
- my wife went on two excursions with the wife of the couple we went on the cruise with. The first one was whale watching in Juneau and the second one was bear watching in Ketchikan. She took many pictures of whales and black bears and thoroughly enjoyed both excursions.
- the cruise waters were mostly good though we did do the "rock and roll" a couple of times. One time while going to sleep I almost rolled out of bed, lol. The other funny incident was while working out on an elliptical trainer, I would be going up hill and then downhill, I was chuckling over it.

I could go on and perhaps later I will. I do have a question for all cruisers, I am feeling like I am still on the ship, as in my apartment is moving, lol. Not so much that I am dizzy but off balance, though this morning it didn't bother me when I worked out (elliptical trainer) this morning, it hit me after I showered and has remained with me all day. Has anyone else experienced this after going on a 7 day cruise? I researched my "condition" and I read about a disorder called MdDS (Mal de Debarquement Syndrome). It is not making me feel nausea, but it is annoying.

We took hundreds of pictures and truly had the "time of our lives"!
I know this is an old post, but I would like to know if you still have MdDS?

Old 12-14-2017, 02:02 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JemimahPashmina View Post
I know this is an old post, but I would like to know if you still have MdDS?
don't know about the poster or anything about MdDS but we did the Peal again a few weeks ago. I love the Jewel class NCL ships. I never have a balance or strange feeling when returning to land anymore.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:24 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
I've typically noticed the rocking sensation for a day or two after a cruise but for me it's usually subsized once I traded in my "sea legs" for "land legs" again.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:33 PM

344 posts, read 245,106 times
Post deleted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises