Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 03:53 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,701,615 times

Advertisements

Carnival Victory has such a wonderful cruise I thought I'd let everyone on CD know about it.

It was just a quick hop for us to go from SC to Puerto Rico and get to the boat from there.

The Victory sets out to St Thomas and parks right at the downtown port. After one day at sea you are at Barbados. From that point on you will visit the islands of St. Kitts, St. Lucia and St. Maarten. It was a joy getting to see some of the islands we only have dreamt about.
In Barbados we swam with turtles and snorkeled at a shipwreck. In St. Kitts we went to an isolated beach and watched monkeys cross our path. St. Lucia had a wonderful beach, Rodney Beach. St. Thomas has Megans Bay and it is a beautiful place to swim. It is a state park. St Maarten has water boats to take you over to their town and another marvelous beach. It takes just a few minutes from where this ship parks.

We went the end of November and had perfect 80's weather.

We loved watching the outdoor movies and the Stateroom decks are long and enjoyable also.
Watching each island appear in the morning was something we looked forward to.

If your thinking of a trip. This is really an enjoyable one. Bon Voyage...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 07:17 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,138,272 times
Pretty typical mass market itinerary for a cruise starting in PR.

I'm glad you had a good time, but Carnival is not for everyone--definitely not for me. I'd rather sail on a very small ship (>300) and see the islands that the behemoths can't get to, and never stand in a line to do so.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:32 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,147,334 times
doesn't sound as this would be for me, we prefer sailing with a smaller group of pretentious, boring snobs, where we can rattle our jewelry to summon the deck-hands to do our bidding, while we look down our noses at the third world countries as we float safely by.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
doesn't sound as this would be for me, we prefer sailing with a smaller group of pretentious, boring snobs, where we can rattle our jewelry to summon the deck-hands to do our bidding, while we look down our noses at the third world countries as we float safely by.
Sounds like you would enjoy Queens Grill on Cunard. Too formal for my tastes, but those that enjoy it really rave about it.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:16 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,377,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Pretty typical mass market itinerary for a cruise starting in PR.

I'm glad you had a good time, but Carnival is not for everyone--definitely not for me. I'd rather sail on a very small ship (>300) and see the islands that the behemoths can't get to, and never stand in a line to do so.
As usual, always raining on someone else's cruise parade. We get it, you don't like the mass market cruises.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:18 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,377,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Hahaha!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
As usual, always raining on someone else's cruise parade. We get it, you don't like the mass market cruises.
Like I said, I'm glad she enjoyed it.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:07 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,147,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Sounds like you would enjoy Queens Grill on Cunard. Too formal for my tastes, but those that enjoy it really rave about it.
Oh my goodness! Not that British rabble.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,987,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Carnival Victory has such a wonderful cruise I thought I'd let everyone on CD know about it.

It was just a quick hop for us to go from SC to Puerto Rico and get to the boat from there.

The Victory sets out to St Thomas and parks right at the downtown port. After one day at sea you are at Barbados. From that point on you will visit the islands of St. Kitts, St. Lucia and St. Maarten. It was a joy getting to see some of the islands we only have dreamt about.
In Barbados we swam with turtles and snorkeled at a shipwreck. In St. Kitts we went to an isolated beach and watched monkeys cross our path. St. Lucia had a wonderful beach, Rodney Beach. St. Thomas has Megans Bay and it is a beautiful place to swim. It is a state park. St Maarten has water boats to take you over to their town and another marvelous beach. It takes just a few minutes from where this ship parks.

We went the end of November and had perfect 80's weather.

We loved watching the outdoor movies and the Stateroom decks are long and enjoyable also.
Watching each island appear in the morning was something we looked forward to.

If your thinking of a trip. This is really an enjoyable one. Bon Voyage...
Thanks for taking time to let everyone know you enjoyed your cruise. That is what cruising is all about: fun and relaxation. Actually Carnival isn't as port intentive as some lines, but sounds like you saw some of the nicer islands. Hope you get a chance to cruise again in the near future... I am going to ask you: was this your first cruise? I somehow get the idea it might have been and if so, there is nothing like the first cruise.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Thanks for taking time to let everyone know you enjoyed your cruise. That is what cruising is all about: fun and relaxation. Actually Carnival isn't as port intentive as some lines, but sounds like you saw some of the nicer islands. Hope you get a chance to cruise again in the near future... I am going to ask you: was this your first cruise? I somehow get the idea it might have been and if so, there is nothing like the first cruise.
I don't really agree with this. The more you cruise (and travel in general) the more you learn about how to make the most of it. I've been on many cruises, and except for a couple of duds, they've only gotten better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises