Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 05:51 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Yes, I agree, Belize there isn't much. I went there on a different cruise years back. That's good to know about the Pearl. We aren't in the cabin much, so I don't mind a smaller one. We also got an inside cabin, which I prefer. I need complete darkness when I sleep.
We tried an inside cabin on our last cruise, for the first time. I didn't mind it, but the wife didn't because she slept too much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 11:47 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,484,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
We tried an inside cabin on our last cruise, for the first time. I didn't mind it, but the wife didn't because she slept too much!
I agree, you sleep long in an inside cabin. I just didn't want to spend the extra money on an ocean view when every stop we will be going on a shore excursion.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:43 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
I really disliked my one Norwegian cruise. It had terrible food. The stateroom was filthy when I got there. Moreover, the entertainment was bad and felt less impressive than my other cruiselines. We have also been on Celebrity and especially Princess -- both are much better. We prefer Princess over all of the others and have stuck with it.

Old 11-08-2018, 10:05 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I really disliked my one Norwegian cruise. It had terrible food. The stateroom was filthy when I got there. Moreover, the entertainment was bad and felt less impressive than my other cruiselines. We have also been on Celebrity and especially Princess -- both are much better. We prefer Princess over all of the others and have stuck with it.
Of course this is a matter of opinion and we all differ but as for cleanliness: check CDC" NCL has fantastic ratings, among the top so I have to wonder when you cruised them and what ship? this is the same with the entertainment: always at the top when you check reviews. As for the food, let's face it, food is very subjective. Many do not care for NCL's food as much as other lines. WE think it has vastly improved over the past few years.

Old 11-19-2018, 04:54 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,484,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Of course this is a matter of opinion and we all differ but as for cleanliness: check CDC" NCL has fantastic ratings, among the top so I have to wonder when you cruised them and what ship? this is the same with the entertainment: always at the top when you check reviews. As for the food, let's face it, food is very subjective. Many do not care for NCL's food as much as other lines. WE think it has vastly improved over the past few years.
Can't wait to get on the cruise and check out NCL for myself. The countdown is on Nov 25th we leave for 15 days.

I did have a question though. On Carnival they let you bring a 12 pack per person of soda. My DH has to have his diet dr. pepper, and 1 bottles of wine per person. I forgot to ask when I called NCL if you can do that or if they have other rules. Also is their hair dryers in the cabins?

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:50 AM

1,939 posts, read 3,923,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
I did have a question though. On Carnival they let you bring a 12 pack per person of soda. My DH has to have his diet dr. pepper, and 1 bottles of wine per person. I forgot to ask when I called NCL if you can do that or if they have other rules. Also is their hair dryers in the cabins?

From their website:
“Effective for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, soda and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage,…“

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise...UaArJlEALw_wcB

Old 11-25-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilkoot View Post
From their website:
“Effective for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, soda and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage,…“

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise...UaArJlEALw_wcB
You are right: most mass marketed lines have cracked down on bringing any drinks on prior to sailing and for good reason I may add.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
You are right: most mass marketed lines have cracked down on bringing any drinks on prior to sailing and for good reason I may add.

I’m not sure why anyone would want to bring water on board but what’s the “good reason” for not allowing passengers to bring it on the ship?

Old 11-26-2018, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilkoot View Post
I’m not sure why anyone would want to bring water on board but what’s the “good reason” for not allowing passengers to bring it on the ship?
Number 1 I was generalizing and number: even bringing water on costs revenue loss to the cruise lines. remember there are a lot of people out there that only drink bottled water. If they could bring it on why would anyone pay the cost the ships charge, just like a restaurant. We just paid 25 cents just for a paper cup for our "free" water at a local chain fast food restaurant. Does that explain why cruise lines are cracking down of drinks brought on ship?

Old 11-26-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Does that explain why cruise lines are cracking down of drinks brought on ship?

Yes, I understand the revenue aspect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises