Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2020, 06:49 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/alask...oronavirus.amp

Uncruise is a small ship, luxury cruise line. Not mega ship or mass market.

Here's the part that makes me cringe at the idea of stepping foot on a cruise ship right now (and for a LOOOONG time into the future):
Quote:
According to the press release, a passenger on the trip had previously been tested for COVID-19 prior to departing from their home. When they arrived at Juneau International Airport, however, a second test was administered. The passenger was not notified of the positive result until they were already on the boat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2020, 07:43 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,268,177 times
I know- I LOVE UnCruise and IMO they did everything right. They required COVID-19 testing either 4 or 5 days before the departure date but, as we all know, that just means you tested negative X days ago. They've now cancelled a number of future cruises. I still have hope for mine, scheduled in October of 2021. I've got a $750 deposit so not much at stake yet.

Old 08-07-2020, 10:08 AM

1,939 posts, read 3,922,725 times
UnCruise has been such a gem for Alaska cruising and now are in the headlines for this negative event. There’s a post on TripAdvisor where a family was out $18K after UnCruise canceled their May trip and refused to refund their money. They had purchased insurance from a third party but were invoiced through UnCruise so the insurance denied their claim as well.

I did read another article that indicated UnCruise was paying for the hotel rooms in Juneau for the passengers who were quarantined from the ship.

We’re hoping for a trip with them next year but are not holding much hope at this time.

Old 08-17-2020, 09:27 AM

1,939 posts, read 3,922,725 times
A friend sent this to me. You may need to X out the pop up that comes up but you can still read the article.

"The small ship adventure cruise line subsequently found out all tests received back for guests and crew were negative and there was no transmission onboard."

Insider Travel Report | UnCruise Says Cruise Canceled by COVID Test Proves Protocols Worked

Old 08-20-2020, 07:19 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,268,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilkoot View Post
A friend sent this to me. You may need to X out the pop up that comes up but you can still read the article.

"The small ship adventure cruise line subsequently found out all tests received back for guests and crew were negative and there was no transmission onboard."

Insider Travel Report | UnCruise Says Cruise Canceled by COVID Test Proves Protocols Worked
Thanks- I'm VERY glad to know that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises