Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 10:00 AM

242 posts, read 1,002,211 times

Advertisements

Is the Rose Parade pre-taped or live? I'm watching the "Today" show on NBC with Al Roker from New York City, soon as the show end, next the Rose Parade comes on.

The Rose Parade is in Pasadena, CA hosts are Hoda Kotb & Al Roker.
I'm like, how in the hell could Al Roker be in New York City one minute & next minute be in Pasadena, CA. Never thought the "Today" show was pre-taped I watch it every morning. So that's why I ask is the Rose Parade pre-taped or live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 11:15 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
On HGTV it was live. The Rose Parade is always January 1st and starts at 8am ish Pacific Time.

Old 01-01-2015, 12:46 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
OP you're kidding right? The Rose Parade has always been held on January 1st. Followed by the Rose Bowl, also on January 1st.

Sure hope it was that way this year, since yesterday people were camping out to get their spot on Colorado Bvld. to watch it.

Old 01-01-2015, 12:55 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,004,968 times
Was Al doing the weather spots Live from the Rose Parade Location?

Did you see him in the studio? With the others, or just in a studio with a blue screen behind him to do the weather?

Old 01-01-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Was Al doing the weather spots Live from the Rose Parade Location?

Did you see him in the studio? With the others, or just in a studio with a blue screen behind him to do the weather?
He was in the New York City studio today with Willie Geist, Natalie Morales & Tamron Hall. In Pasadena, CA at the Rose Parade he was the host along with Hoda Kotb.
I watch the "Today " show every morning and assumed it was always live. Now I did hear Good Morning America have sometimes pre-taped their shows.

Every new year I've tuned in to watch the Rose Parade and knew it was live. However, to see Al Roker be on one coast live and in matter of minutes be on another coast live, just have me quite puzzled.

Last edited by PacificWest; 01-01-2015 at 03:34 PM..

Old 01-01-2015, 04:56 PM

607 posts, read 761,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificWest View Post
He was in the New York City studio today with Willie Geist, Natalie Morales & Tamron Hall. In Pasadena, CA at the Rose Parade he was the host along with Hoda Kotb.
I watch the "Today " show every morning and assumed it was always live. Now I did hear Good Morning America have sometimes pre-taped their shows.

Every new year I've tuned in to watch the Rose Parade and knew it was live. However, to see Al Roker be on one coast live and in matter of minutes be on another coast live, just have me quite puzzled.
There is a lag of an hour during the regular daily Today shows in central and western time, so perhaps this might be a part of that reason....

I would imagine that NYC part was on tape..either that, or Al Roker has got ahold of some DARPA holodeck technology that has not been mass marketed yet..

Old 01-01-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottkuzminski View Post
There is a lag of an hour during the regular daily Today shows in central and western time, so perhaps this might be a part of that reason....

I would imagine that NYC part was on tape..either that, or Al Roker has got ahold of some DARPA holodeck technology that has not been mass marketed yet..
LOL Yeah, i was beginning to think NBC & Al Roker are testing out their version of Star Trek "Beam me up, Scotty."

Old 01-01-2015, 05:25 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,004,968 times
CBS currently owns the rights to StarTrek.... (Well its Parent corporation does.)

Old 01-01-2015, 05:30 PM

607 posts, read 761,399 times
I can see a major lawsuit over that holodeck then.....I think we definitely need Shatner to step in now as a character witness in this NBC Al Roker beaming from coast to coast deal.....

Old 01-01-2015, 07:36 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,944,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
OP you're kidding right? The Rose Parade has always been held on January 1st. Followed by the Rose Bowl, also on January 1st.

Sure hope it was that way this year, since yesterday people were camping out to get their spot on Colorado Bvld. to watch it.
The only time the Rose Parade/Rose Bowl game are NOT held on January 1st is when New Year's Day falls on a Sunday. In that event, the parade and game are held on January 2nd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events