Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2013, 04:37 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,928,619 times

Advertisements

Just have the cops scan for these types of meetings. Go there and check registration, ownership, and licenses. Any violations just use cutters for the chain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 12:54 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,122,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I'm watching the first video @ liveleak, and I can see they're pretty much reckless and dangerous, thanks for posting the link.

I find it amazing that no cars changed lanes which might have wiped out several of the bikers. Luck must have been on their side that day.

They were running red lights, popping wheelies, riding all over the sidewalks, blocking intersections, riding ATVs .... many of the bikes had no plates or had stolen plates according to the police.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:57 AM

863 posts, read 1,128,992 times
Edit

Old 10-06-2013, 07:29 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,708,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Fixed that for you. Doesn't matter if they reported it or not. Unless they were there in an official capacity, they should be off the force. Can't have people with no regard for the law enforcing the law.
That wasn't fixing, that was censoring my words to further your opinion.

If they were in the group, reported the group's actions, and stayed with the group to act as witnesses, they should be investigated by IAD. Only after that should any action (if necessary) be taken.

If they were breaking laws while riding, took part in pummeling the SUV and driver -- they should lose their jobs.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I would believe that if he didn't wait several days to report that he was witness to it.
Guess he thought it would blow over and not be national news?
If he were undercover and stepped forward, what do you think would have happened to him in that mob? This isn't some LaLa land TV crime drama where bullets fly and heroes jump out of their undercover persona to save the day.

If he were undercover, it wasn't to investigate their riding techniques; drugs and illegal guns most likely the case. Is it possible he was debriefed prior to coming forward so as not to waste any information/leads/contacts he might have made?

Old 10-06-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You're right, they may have been infuriated BUT and this is a big one, he was armed and they according to NY state laws were not.
Personally I think this cop was riding with them, not undercover (a cover his butt excuse) but actually part of the group and now he's having to back pedal and explain his actions/inactions as well as his failure to report.
In my opinion he took 3 days for a few reasons, one of which was he wouldn't have said a word had he not been seen in a video and had this just gone away instead of blowing up into a world wide media fiasco, then had to talk to some coworkers to find out how bad it could get and lastly to talk to his union rep and lawyer up when he realized it may go badly for him.
If he wasn't undercover and was a jackarse, IAD will be getting to the bottom of this. Trust me.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:12 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,238,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
If he were undercover and stepped forward, what do you think would have happened to him in that mob? This isn't some LaLa land TV crime drama where bullets fly and heroes jump out of their undercover persona to save the day.

If he were undercover, it wasn't to investigate their riding techniques; drugs and illegal guns most likely the case. Is it possible he was debriefed prior to coming forward so as not to waste any information/leads/contacts he might have made?
And if he/they were undercover, we would never know about it, the MSM has been all over 5 cops as bikers like flies on a pile of....

Usually, the UC person/s will lag behind, observe, and report immediately, possibly call for backup, and their cover would not be blown. While I realize this ain't the movies, something stinks here about five cops being involved and doing nothing.

5 NYPD Cops Were Involved with Bikers Who Attacked SUV : Freedom Outpost

More Cops Were Among Violent Biker Gang -- Daily Intelligencer

Old 10-06-2013, 08:20 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,398,085 times
Video generates emotions and opinions that are not covered by the law.
Question: the group surrounding the car and its components ..can the perception of a threat justifies a self-defense action?.
My personal opinion, the man in the car lost control of himself because he has not dominated the fear, motorcyclists have behaved as a pack of hyenas

Old 10-06-2013, 08:35 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Pucker up and stop ***** footing around. They won't use spike strips or ram motorcycles here to end pursuits. Basically, you can ride around until you run out of gas and they won't do anything but follow you around. Now, say you've got 30-50 bikes, what's the chance you're going to be the one they catch? Basically none. As I said, stop ***** footing around. Use the strips. Go ahead and use your cruiser to spin the vehicle out. I'm not saying you cream the thing, that's not what they do when spinning a car either. Just pick a spot that's fairly safe and knock the rear wheel out. Hopefully the rider doesn't hit anything solid. If it wasn't a squid, it has gear on and will walk away from a lowside. Of course, it is a squid and won't walk away but that just means you don't have to chase it. Just send an ambulance to come pick up the road rash and get the next one.

FWIW re the whole brake check thing, there's another video online where the cops are driving along side one of these groups. Rider gets in front and brake checks the cop who swerves to avoid him almost taking out another one in the process. The kiddy gloves need to come off. Bean bag rounds would work pretty well, imo. Any injuries they sustain falling off... oh well. Should have pulled over.
I wonder why I haven't heard of this happening in states like AZ,TX,UT,NV etc?

Old 10-06-2013, 10:23 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I wonder why I haven't heard of this happening in states like AZ,TX,UT,NV etc?
It's possible it's more an urban thing, not sure. Remember these guys are not to be confused with "regular" bikers, Harley guys, the kind who go to the sanctioned rallies and ride for enjoyment. Most of those guys seem to be generally law-abiding nowadays and pretty much live and let live kind of guys.

These "crotchrocket" guys on the other hand tend to be young, adrenaline junkies, the kind who want internet fame, punks for want of a better word. Maybe that's more an urban thing. As one former rider said, they are not a cohesive group and many do not even know each other but just respond to a FB post or tweet to show up somewhere. The robbery guys seem to be more like "gang bangers" on bikes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events