Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2015, 02:59 PM

8,379 posts, read 4,363,801 times

Advertisements

In light of all the racial issues currently under discussion, I thought the following information was informative and interesting.

Almost 7% of Americans have a multiracial background according to a Pew Research Study.

When asked, 39% of Americans consider themselves to be mixed race.

The percentage of multiracial babies increased from 1% in 1970 to over 10% in 2013.

More Asians and Hispanics are immigrating into the US.

Multiracial marriages are increasing, in 2010 the following percentages were determined by survey:
  • White – 16%
  • Black – 27%
  • Hispanic – 43%
  • Asians – 46%
  • American Indian – over 80%

Over 15% of new marriages are multiracial

Brookings Institute projects that by 2050, the minority population will surpass the white population.

Persons over the age 85 – 85% are white
Persons under the age 5 – 51 % are white, 25% are Hispanic

P.S.

This wiki article lists a great many famous and infamous persons of mixed race as well as some historical information

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiracial_American

Old 06-28-2015, 09:33 AM

29,511 posts, read 22,636,772 times
First, I think this belongs in the great debates section.

Second, I hope it's not yet another attempt to stir up things about how America is becoming 'less white.'

Multiple stormfront affiliated posters have tried just that in different sections of this forum.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:57 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Second, I hope it's not yet another attempt to stir up things about how America is becoming 'less white.'

Multiple stormfront affiliated posters have tried just that in different sections of this forum.
But it is becoming 'less white'.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:58 AM

24,473 posts, read 17,215,678 times
Who cares (or should care) what colour someones skin is as long as that person is an upstanding citizen that lives within the norms of society. When I say "norm" I am talking about the good people that work hard to help their loving families get along.

What scares many white folk is the practice of the media to show the negatives of a certain racial group committing crimes etc... Case in point is the perpetuated stereotype of black people rioting in Baltimore. If those people had hung back to raise their kids and go to work the perception would change.

America can be strong as long as the people work toward a common goal which promotes a beneficial society.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:09 PM

25,948 posts, read 22,102,658 times
Of course "Hispanics" have the most kids under 5! Anchor babies that i am supporting! If we all could have had babies for free and had the U S government pay for their upbringing (we, the taxpayers), everyone could have as many children as they would like. Unfortunately, some of us have a conscious and only have the number of children that we can care for. http://toprightnews.com/anchor-baby-...-births-video/

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...percent-survey This article provides a better breakdown of the "situation".

"Multiracial" by illegal invasion!!!

Old 06-28-2015, 12:17 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

how do you determine that a given poster is 'stormfront affiliated'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events