Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 09:22 PM

29,528 posts, read 22,724,849 times

Advertisements

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/lo...185500145.html

Quote:
Why do famous people think this is okay to do? Fine, I admit that it was pretty neat when Bill Murray showed up at a bachelor party or when Taylor Swift crashed that bridal shower, and apparently it was just so darn gracious of the Ghostbusters actor to make a funny speech and for the pop star to bring the bride a KitchenAid Mixer. But you know what? Those aren't gifts. They don't make up for the attention you took away from me. That's underhanded thievery and good PR at my expense. You, Celebrities, are stealing my thunder for personal viral marketing. You don't get to enjoy your own secret wedding and use mine for publicity. You can't have my wedding cake and your wedding cake and eat it too.

Because you see, Celebrities, in the same way that you don't want to be bothered by fans while you do normal things like eat dinner, I don't want to be bothered by your limelight when I'm enjoying my big day - whatever big day that is (ie: wedding, first day at a new job, getting tile 2048 after endless hours of playing 2048). It's my time to shine. I get one day to feel special and beautiful and famous. You get the rest of them. That's how the world works. You can't take mine too, even if you are pretty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 09:45 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,753,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Great post !

I agree.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:14 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,956,171 times
Is this a problem? Is this a new celebrity fad? Like adopting African babies, microbiotic diets and Scientology?

Old 06-03-2014, 09:03 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,658,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Is this a problem? Is this a new celebrity fad? Like adopting African babies, microbiotic diets and Scientology?
Yes it is.

Let me go through the list of celebrities that crashed my wedding followed by their gift:

MC Hammer - Too Legit To Quit CD
Jessica Simpson - Waffles Of The Month membership
Dustin Diamond - nothing, not a dang thing
Bill Bixby - George Forman Grill (which we were actually registered)
Richard Grieco - Teeth whitening kit (opened)
Yasmine Bleeth - Four pairs of Lee jeans (wrong size) with a small clear baggy in front right pocket of one

Old 06-03-2014, 09:13 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,580,228 times
Lol, hardly a problem. And no, I wouldn't care, I'd think it would be funny & cool. Good photo op for myself. Big deal, they probably stay for a couple minutes & then vamoose.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:44 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,284,425 times
More likely, Serena was on the beach, spotted by the wedding party, and THEY asked if they could take pictures with her. The writer of the article sounds pretty presumptuous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events