Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 02:15 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,379,993 times

Advertisements

LOL - GREAT idea. I'm a retired nurse and did work in a skilled nursing facility and it would have been great for our patients had this happened. As other posters have said, these people are WAY beyond "adulthood". And yes your moms and pops are still randy even if it's not with each other ahhh the stories I can't tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 02:15 PM

863 posts, read 1,199,305 times
Being old isn't synonymous with being dead. In the retirement community that my wife and I used to run we had a cooking club comprised of 6-10 elderly ladies, ages between 65 - 90. One day when our activities director was off on a doctors appointment, they needed a fill in for that days food project. When I volunteered, I was cautioned by the activities person that the conversation in the group tended to be "racy". I laughed it off and said that I was sure that because I was a man and half their age, they'd take it easy on me. LOL, not so.....just the opposite in fact. Within a half hour of starting that day's project, these "ladies" were comparing past lovers, their skill and how long they lasted. Granted, they were probably hamming it up because I was a guest host that day but they had me blushing so bad that I begged off and had one of our secretaries finish helping out.

From that day on, I never batted an eye when one of my employees remarked about just how randy our female seniors could get.

I'm willing to bet that the nursing home's activity director has been swamped with requests for a repeat performance

Old 04-09-2014, 02:22 PM

51,671 posts, read 25,923,250 times
The son dumps Mama in a nursing home and then has a fit over her having a good time? Oh, for crying in the night.

She's old not dead, as others have pointed out. How did the son think he got here?

Old 04-09-2014, 02:42 PM

24,155 posts, read 32,592,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If it were a female stripper, there would be outrage from the left.

WRONG! Don't speak for me. I am from the left. If my father or grandfather were in a nursing home, I'd have absolutely no problem with a female or several female, strippers entertaining the gentleman at this hypothetical nursing home. I think most of them would love it.

As long as the residents were not forced to endure it if it offended their sensibilities.

Now don't jump to the conclusion that I am a "Godless liberal". I'm an church member, and I attend a weekly woman's bible study.

Please turn off Limbaugh and stop speaking for me an prognosticating non existent "outrages".

I think most residents of nursing homes would rather see a female stripper than a troop of Boy Scouts singing "In your Easter Bonnet".

Just a wild guess....

Old 04-09-2014, 03:27 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,065,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I think most residents of nursing homes would rather see a female stripper than a troop of Boy Scouts singing "In your Easter Bonnet".

Just a wild guess....
Maybe they'd want a stripper who also sings Easter Bonnet!

Old 04-09-2014, 08:54 PM

1,063 posts, read 1,366,863 times
My mother isn't that old yet but probably would appreciate it.

This kid is just looking at his mother now like free money. If he wanted to coddle her like she's a child, he shouldn't have sent her to a nursing home. She's an adult.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:57 PM

7 posts, read 7,608 times
If my mom were there, I would hope she got to cop a feel.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:32 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,411,641 times
I'm sure if I were in that nursing home, I'd get myself arrested.

When my best friend and I were old enough, we wanted to go to see the Chippendales, and bring our mothers. My mom was all about it, and, surprisingly, hers was too. We never went, and I lost interest. I want to go on Jeopardy! if only to tell Alex Trebek my mom thinks he's hot. An older co-worker of mine was ogling the young guys, and she said, "I'm married and old, but I'm not blind." Where did this come from, that ladies (even older ones) don't appreciate the male form? Also, I hate the infantilizing of old people. Why diddle around making God's Eyes with yarn and popsicle sticks when you can have some REAL fun?

Old 04-09-2014, 11:13 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,102,688 times
This is one of those stories to me that is so bizarre that I am going is that for real, did this really happen? WTF? I am laughing from it all.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:29 AM

7,490 posts, read 4,976,136 times
If I was in a nursing home and someone brought in a stripper, I would wonder who was up to mischief and then try to out-do them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events