Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 08:45 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,089,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
/sigh

He was found guilty by a jury of his peers. The government was merely carrying out the wishes of those on the jury who voted.

Now you know.
District attorneys/prosecutors can be very good at persuading juries. If the police withhold evidence or use some other trickery, the decision of the jury is tainted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 03:43 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,526,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGirl1002 View Post
AOL.com Article - Man dies of heart attack after botched execution

My reply to this is who cares? Did he care when he shot that girl and buried her alive?

I'm just sorry the next POS who raped and killed an innocent 11 month old baby couldn't be executed right after him.
I don't believe in executing another human being who is locked up already. This is my religious belief. God gives and God takes away.

https://www.google.com/search?q=murd...m=122&ie=UTF-8

Old 05-04-2014, 03:47 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,132,819 times
Somehow this still strikes me as bizarre. A man died as the result of a botched execution.

what is the criteria for a successful execution?

Old 05-04-2014, 04:03 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,602,149 times
Default Man Dies of Heart Attack after Botched Execution

Somehow, I'm just not working up a lot of sympathy for this guy.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:51 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,262,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
I don't believe in executing another human being who is locked up already. This is my religious belief. God gives and God takes away.

https://www.google.com/search?q=murd...m=122&ie=UTF-8
By that thinking we shouldn't bother prosecuting anyone for anything. God will see it all and punish accordingly, right? We also shouldn't feel bad when our loved ones are shot then buried alive, because that's all god's plan, correct?

I think it's interesting that so many quote the bible as their source for their arguments, but when the old testament is brought up to support the other side's arguments, those same people pooh-pooh it much more now than ever, as if the old testament doesn't count anymore.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:04 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,526,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
By that thinking we shouldn't bother prosecuting anyone for anything. God will see it all and punish accordingly, right? We also shouldn't feel bad when our loved ones are shot then buried alive, because that's all god's plan, correct?

I think it's interesting that so many quote the bible as their source for their arguments, but when the old testament is brought up to support the other side's arguments, those same people pooh-pooh it much more now than ever, as if the old testament doesn't count anymore.
Where do you read into what I said that we don't prosecute? We are talking about the punishment end of it by capital punishment! Funny how you decided that I don't believe in prosecuting! I most certainly do! Big time!

I am not quoting some Bible. I don't even read the Bible or believe in it!! So, why do you have to go around talking about the Bible? I just feel, personally, that it is not up to humans to decide who dies now and who doesn't, unless their lives are being immediately threatened. I feel that it is simply not our place to take a life unless we have to protect ourselves from being seriously hurt. Simple as that. I feel it is up to God to decide who gets to live and who gets to die, otherwise. Please read what I write. You put A LOT into what I said that comes from your brain, not mine.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:53 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,513,000 times
After reading about his crime and watching cartel videos I would have had a few Sicarios do some "work" on him. Botched drugs would have been the least of this problems. Karma can be a biatch.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:34 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,262,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
Where do you read into what I said that we don't prosecute? We are talking about the punishment end of it by capital punishment! Funny how you decided that I don't believe in prosecuting! I most certainly do! Big time!

I am not quoting some Bible. I don't even read the Bible or believe in it!! So, why do you have to go around talking about the Bible? I just feel, personally, that it is not up to humans to decide who dies now and who doesn't, unless their lives are being immediately threatened. I feel that it is simply not our place to take a life unless we have to protect ourselves from being seriously hurt. Simple as that. I feel it is up to God to decide who gets to live and who gets to die, otherwise. Please read what I write. You put A LOT into what I said that comes from your brain, not mine.
My two paragraphs were separate issues. I didn't mean to imply that you, specifically, used only parts of the bible to support your position.

To be clear; you're saying that god only punishes for capital crimes, but not for anything else? So for capital crimes we shouldn't prosecute? How would that work? I'm unclear on this.

Old 05-05-2014, 03:02 PM

17,403 posts, read 12,006,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicymeatball View Post
These threads always have the tendency of bringing the sadistic creeps out of the woodwork. They aren't speaking from sympathy for the victims but rather finding a socially acceptable outlet for their sick desires.
Really? Funny, I DO speak for sympathy for the victim. The innocent girl that was shot then buried alive.

What I find sick is the defense of the animals that perpetrated the crime, giving sympathy to the killer rather than the victim. That is sadistic.....

Old 05-05-2014, 03:21 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,624,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I think he also raped her in every way possible.

To think, someone like this probably has hoards of people protesting his punishment.
Several years ago, I had to go cover a protest rally about a condemned
person who was scheduled to be executed for rape & killing a young girl.

One of my questions to these protestors was:

Would you be here at this rally if it was your daughter or sister who had
been brutally murdered ?
The protestor stopped to think about it & replied..."well...now that you
put that way...I wouldn't be here at all..."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events