Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2014, 04:15 PM

26,039 posts, read 22,230,983 times

Advertisements

This just makes me sick: Families and neighbors speak out in hot car death | KSN-TV You'll note just how many children were in the care of these guys and obviously, it would be more than most people including experienced parents to handle. KS is SO bad at contracting out services and taking no responsibility when something goes wrong. We have a son with DS who is an adult and the worst was happening and all I got from the state was, "This is why we allow you to choose a provider." It was a licensed facility by the state. I found my son outside one of the facilities in an industrial complex (this was the only choice in our area) and was told by an APS worker who was also a CPS worker that the staff member said it did not happen so it was "unsubstantiated". The agencies here get bounties for placing children as part of a way to move the kids so the agency would be highly motivated. Phyllis Gilmore, whom I spoke with at one time and hope others have better luck, is going to have inspections of the homes where the agency placed kids, kind of like closing the barn door after the horse was out. This is so sad. You wonder if the biological family could have done worse than this!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 02:48 PM

46 posts, read 80,219 times
Here is another article on the Christian Post:

Gay Man Arrested After Baby Girl He Wanted to Adopt With Partner Dies in Hot Car; Another Child Was Left Inside But Escaped

Old 07-29-2014, 03:29 PM

409 posts, read 513,076 times
You forget to take your lunch to work - you forget where you left your car keys - you forget someone's birthday - you forget to buy milk on your way home from work.

You don't FORGET your child (or the child you are responsible for) is in the car!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-30-2014, 08:52 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,637,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanon13 View Post
You forget to take your lunch to work - you forget where you left your car keys - you forget someone's birthday - you forget to buy milk on your way home from work.

You don't FORGET your child (or the child you are responsible for) is in the car!!!!!!!!!!!!
So true! I just don't understand people- and I have heard so much discussion on the radio and read so much online giving the excuse that people get busy sometimes and when that happens sometimes our minds blank some things out, making it somewhat understandable that we might forget a kid in the back seat when running errands or whatever. I call TOTAL BS on that- no matter how mind blowingly busy I am, even for a second I don't forget my little one is in the back seat in his car seat. It's a kid, it's not the car keys or a cell phone.
The simple fact is that the people who do this are terrible parents, and deserve to be punished for neglect.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:25 AM

26,039 posts, read 22,230,983 times
Well, if you are out of pot, just stopped by your drug dealer to pick up some more and then rush in to start smoking, could that be the cause of forgetting a baby in your charge? Kansas Foster Father Was Smoking Pot While Baby Died in Hot Car It felt like there was more to the story. Seriously, not checking on children for over 2 hours because you thought they were playing in the yard, especially during the supper hours? And, a 10 month old would not generally be outside playing for that long in the first place. Sadly, those foster care dollars were probably the ones paying for their pot! So, maybe foster care is a job you can get here without having to test for drug use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events