Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 09:33 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
The Red Cross is currently on site in Arizona's fire in the White mountains. I'll never understand those who bash those who help. To me this type of attitude is despicable.
I agree, Red Cross does more than disaster relief.
Like they just got a friend home who is stationed in Hawaii as her mom was critical, thankfully Red Cross moved fast and she and her daughter arrived in time to see her Mom and be with her as she passed.

They do a lot of "behind" the scenes helping our people in the military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 10:00 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,743,844 times
Quote:
The Red Cross is currently on site in Arizona's fire in the White mountains. I'll never understand those who bash those who help. To me this type of attitude is despicable.
What is ........despicable...... is the misconduct of the Red Cross after major tragedies that has led to the director being forced to resign .(two different times )

Strange some people..........." never understand "

Old 06-30-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I agree, Red Cross does more than disaster relief.
Like they just got a friend home who is stationed in Hawaii as her mom was critical, thankfully Red Cross moved fast and she and her daughter arrived in time to see her Mom and be with her as she passed.

They do a lot of "behind" the scenes helping our people in the military.

and I know of military people who got a bill from Red Cross afterwards !

Old 06-30-2014, 10:08 AM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post

Have them PDF it and and post it..

Old 06-30-2014, 10:14 AM

50,716 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
What is ........despicable...... is the misconduct of the Red Cross after major tragedies that has led to the director being forced to resign .(two different times )

Than the thread title should be "What's with the Red Cross's Directors?" and not "what's with the Red Cross?" Sounds like people are trashing the entire organization here to me, and that's what others of us are defending.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
^^^^ I highly doubt that^^^^
I do think perhaps you and the o/p have an axe to grind regarding the Red Cross

Old 06-30-2014, 10:20 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,287,540 times
Quote:

Your glass will always be half empty and a regurgitated single party media message, and of little value. Objectivity could possibly change this perception. Are the issues involved with Red Cross greater than other facets in our society, and do these outweigh the great things they do? Like being in a labor union? Would I be better off in one, or not? The answer to me is very clear. Would I be better off being a citizen of the US, or Mexico? Again, the answer is clear. Naysayers will be naysayers and their negativity is the own responsibility. I'll keep my glass half full thank you!

Old 06-30-2014, 10:33 AM

I guess I don't like to be lied to when donating money to charity.

When the American Red Cross said you could designate funds specifically for families of victims of 9/11, then despite collecting millions $$$$$$$$ many families of 9/11 victims said they never received one penny.

The sad part was many local charities lost out during the 01 United Way campaign due to 9/11 euphoria and the Red Cross lying !

Thus , local charities were short of money plus 9/11 victims still received nothing.

"fool me once, shame on you"
" fool me twice, shame on me "

( there will be no "twice ")

Old 06-30-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Your glass will always be half empty and a regurgitated single party media message, and of little value. Objectivity could possibly change this perception. Are the issues involved with Red Cross greater than other facets in our society, and do these outweigh the great things they do? Like being in a labor union? Would I be better off in one, or not? The answer to me is very clear. Would I be better off being a citizen of the US, or Mexico? Again, the answer is clear. Naysayers will be naysayers and their negativity is the own responsibility. I'll keep my glass half full thank you!

apples to oranges

US or Mexico

union member or non -union member

TWO choices in your example.

I have many different charitable organizations I can support where their director isn't forced to resign after raking in the cash after a big natural disaster.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
apples to oranges

US or Mexico

union member or non -union member

TWO choices in your example.

I have many different charitable organizations I can support where their director isn't forced to resign after raking in the cash after a big natural disaster.
Then do so as you or anyone for that matter are not being forced to donate to the Red Cross.
I personally think you are putting too much credence into half truths, exaggerations about Red Cross, but to each his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events