Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2014, 07:15 PM

11,320 posts, read 9,203,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
He also shoved leaves in his mouth while he was beating him to muffle his cries.

I have never, ever heard of anyone "disciplining" their child this way, so I'm going to assume it's a southern black thing, because no one I know from the east coast got beat like this. Shoving leaves in the mouth??!!

Da hell???

The NFL is clearly hiring very demented men to work this game.
Indeed they are.

I wish more people would realize what a brutal and violent sport this as well as the character of some of these guys they are cheering for. Then again violent thirsty Americans do not care. That's the reason football is the #1 sport in America.

The NFL doesn't care who they employ, that's clearly obvious. Hopefully the justice system will put Peterson away long enough that he will no longer have this high paying career.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:20 PM

29,420 posts, read 22,317,254 times
Quote:
He also shoved leaves in his mouth while he was beating him to muffle his cries.

I have never, ever heard of anyone "disciplining" their child this way, so I'm going to assume it's a southern black thing, because no one I know from the east coast got beat like this. Shoving leaves in the mouth??!!

Da hell???

The NFL is clearly hiring very demented men to work this game.
Also lost on the "I was beaten/whipped bloody with a switch and turned out fine" crowd is the fact that Peterson's kid already has violent and anti social tendencies at FOUR years of age.

Surely this isn't the first time Peterson has disciplined this boy in this manner.

Sure seems to be working out swell huh?

Old 09-13-2014, 07:34 PM

11,320 posts, read 9,203,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I worked in juvenile detention for several years. Met all sorts of kids who got regular whippings.

And all sorts of parents who insisted that they had been whipped like this and they had "turned out just fine."
What a heartbreaking post.

Too bad those parents got away with it. It's assault on another human being which is against the law. Too bad that in most cases they turn the other cheek because it's a so-called family matter. I don't understand that. Assault is just that.

I was abused as a child and witnessed my father beat up my mother multiple times. I would never do that to anyone. I fail to understand how anyone with a conscience can beat up a family member, especially when the person you are beating up has no chance. It's just deplorable. I learned how not to be a man from my father. Too bad more people do not think for themselves and know how wrong this is.

Just a sorry excuse this brutal monster Peterson is giving that this is how he was disciplined as a child. I hope he gets locked up for a very long time.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:00 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,870,624 times
I can't even begin to imagine the dialogue in your head that justifies beating a child....someone who is completely helpless and dependent on you, someone who looks up to you, loves you, relies on you to protect them.....uggghhhh. I mean, seriously, how do you do that?

I have 3 sons. They are all grown now. Great guys. Never raised a hand to any of them. Never needed to. There are other, more effective ways to discipline that don't involve relying on physical abuse.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:17 PM

8,080 posts, read 6,682,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
I can't even begin to imagine the dialogue in your head that justifies beating a child....someone who is completely helpless and dependent on you, someone who looks up to you, loves you, relies on you to protect them.....uggghhhh. I mean, seriously, how do you do that?

I have 3 sons. They are all grown now. Great guys. Never raised a hand to any of them. Never needed to. There are other, more effective ways to discipline that don't involve relying on physical abuse.
Yes this absolutely! I was severely beaten, psychologically, emotionally tortured as a child. I developed PTSD as a result and although I functioned at a pretty high level it has been a rough ride that I am only now beginning to recover from. Children are precious and there is NEVER a good reason to beat them.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:22 PM

29,420 posts, read 22,317,254 times
I remember my father used to frequently slap me when I was young, maybe around the age of the child in this incident.

If I ever did anything wrong, then it was fair game for him to slap me. I remember one time I accidentally broke a table glass, and I cowered in my room. Sure enough he came to my room and viciously slapped me, full force, repeatedly across the face in the hallway. We're talking full slaps across the cheek, enough to stagger me off my feet. These kinds of things happened many times.

Small wonder why I never really cared for him, wasn't exactly shattered when he croaked when I was in high school. In fact I don't even think about him at all anymore, and it's only because of this thread I thought about it.

I would never want to physically assault or harm a child. If one feels a need to do so, then something has already gone far, far wrong, on both sides.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I remember my father used to frequently slap me when I was young, maybe around the age of the child in this incident.

If I ever did anything wrong, then it was fair game for him to slap me. I remember one time I accidentally broke a table glass, and I cowered in my room. Sure enough he came to my room and viciously slapped me, full force, repeatedly across the face in the hallway. We're talking full slaps across the cheek, enough to stagger me off my feet. These kinds of things happened many times.

Small wonder why I never really cared for him, wasn't exactly shattered when he croaked when I was in high school. In fact I don't even think about him at all anymore, and it's only because of this thread I thought about it.

I would never want to physically assault or harm a child. If one feels a need to do so, then something has already gone far, far wrong, on both sides.
Same thing happened to me. His favorite weapon was a wide leather belt. When he died I only felt relief that I would never be hurt by him again.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:47 PM

6,459 posts, read 11,983,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Indeed they are.

I wish more people would realize what a brutal and violent sport this as well as the character of some of these guys they are cheering for. Then again violent thirsty Americans do not care. That's the reason football is the #1 sport in America.

The NFL doesn't care who they employ, that's clearly obvious. Hopefully the justice system will put Peterson away long enough that he will no longer have this high paying career.
I don't care what anyone says, spankings DO affect you later in life.

All those people who say they're "fine" really aren't. They've convinced themselves that everything turned out okay, because they never got arrested and stayed on the straight and narrow.

But are they REALLY "normal"?

I mean a "whipping room"?

And his current woman is fine with this sick *ish?

Old 09-13-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
I don't care what anyone says, spankings DO affect you later in life.

All those people who say they're "fine" really aren't. They've convinced themselves that everything turned out okay, because they never got arrested and stayed on the straight and narrow.

But are they REALLY "normal"?

I mean a "whipping room"?

And his current woman is fine with this sick *ish?
I'm not normal, Marilyn.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:16 PM

833 posts, read 1,192,418 times
He spanked HIS child.... bfd.... My mom used to whoop the crap out of me, and I turned out fine.

If more kids got their butts whooped, we wouldn't have as many rude **( kids wondering around the streets with disrespect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events