Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 06:45 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,893,948 times

Advertisements

I have a lot more empathy for animals than I do fellow humans nowadays. Throughout my lifetime I was constantly abused, lied too, and betrayed by so called "friends". But my pets were always by my side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 06:47 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,049,916 times
Yuck. From the article :

On Tuesday, around 1 a.m., the woman heard a truck pull up to her residence. When she looked outside, she saw Watenpaugh walk up to her home, place something near her door and walk away. When she opened her front door to investigate, the woman found a small bag containing dog paws, which she identified as belonging to Bear, Cogle detailed.
Watenpauh was arrested Wednesday by Shasta County Sheriff's Department and told investigators he sent the messages and placed the dog paws on her porch, but denied killing or cooking her dog, Cogle said.
During a subsequent search of Watenpaugh's home, investigators and deputies reported finding a Romanian variant AK-47 assault rifle and multiple high-capacity magazines.
Watenpaugh was arrested on charges of domestic violence, false imprisonment, stalking and animal cruelty. Additional charges will be sought regarding the weapons violations. He is being held in lieu of $250,000 bail.

Besides the weapons charges, they need to add theft to that list. He took the dog. It did not belong to him. Hopefully they will also take his weapon because that woman is in danger. His stalking behaviors are escalating.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:47 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,224,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
I have a lot more empathy for animals than I do fellow humans nowadays. Throughout my lifetime I was constantly abused, lied too, and betrayed by so called "friends". But my pets were always by my side.
I agree 100%.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:58 AM

18,655 posts, read 33,224,552 times
The Boston Globe (a supposedly first-tier newspaper) displayed this article online with the heading,
"Pomeranian. It's What's For Dinner."

My letter to the editor:

Pomeranian: it’s what’s for dinner.

That's right. An oh-so-funny line heading a story of a man who tortured, killed and cooked his girlfriend's dog. Just a laugh a minute. What's next, an article headed by a joke that murdered children's livers go great with a good red wine? You owe your readers an apology, and your headline writer a pink slip.

You can read the heading at boston.com, scroll down to the disgusting heading. Letter to the paper at:
letter@globe.com. Tell them off. This is beyond snide or poor taste.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:59 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,378,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
A pet has no choice in the matter. lol It's too dumb to betray.

That insane logic of having more empathy for a dog than a human(let's get real, it's DOGS ONLY...sick obsession..people have no empathy for pigs for example which are smarter and just as social as dogs) is actually quite ubiquitous nowadays sadly.

It's sad state of affairs when you have more empathy for a dumb animal than a person. So you have more empathy for your pets than you mother/father/children? Because every HUMAN is someone's family member

Old 09-14-2014, 07:00 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,378,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
The Boston Globe (a supposedly first-tier newspaper) displayed this article online with the heading,
"Pomeranian. It's What's For Dinner."

My letter to the editor:

Pomeranian: it’s what’s for dinner.

That's right. An oh-so-funny line heading a story of a man who tortured, killed and cooked his girlfriend's dog. Just a laugh a minute. What's next, an article headed by a joke that murdered children's livers go great with a good red wine? You owe your readers an apology, and your headline writer a pink slip.

You can read the heading at boston.com, scroll down to the disgusting heading. Letter to the paper at:
letter@globe.com. Tell them off. This is beyond snide or poor taste.
We torture and murder pigs by the hundreds of thousands everyday for food. Where are you fighting for them? Just dogs eh? What about bull fighting? That's OK, but pitbull fighting is not? WTF? Are you writing letters to grocery stores? Simply because we've chosen dogs as pets over potbellies or goats because they eat everything in site they are somehow more worthy of our compassion. Your way of thinking is just another example of human selfishness and hypocrisy if you ask me.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:03 AM

11,329 posts, read 9,216,579 times
Some people do not deserve to take another breath of air.

Clearly Ryan Eddy Watenpaugh is one of them.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:16 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,536,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
A pet has no choice in the matter. lol It's too dumb to betray.

That insane logic of having more empathy for a dog than a human(let's get real, it's DOGS ONLY...sick obsession..people have no empathy for pigs for example which are smarter and just as social as dogs) is actually quite ubiquitous nowadays sadly.

It's sad state of affairs when you have more empathy for a dumb animal than a person. So you have more empathy for your pets than you mother/father/children? Because every HUMAN is someone's family member
Agreed. People who feel this way are suffering from a serious mental imbalance. It's pitiful.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:19 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,397,197 times
Default Man cooks ex her dog for dinner

This creep needs to be locked up for a long, long time.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:26 AM

50,193 posts, read 35,879,336 times
Something is goofy here. Her dog had been missing for over a month by the time he made that dinner, she had to have known he was the one who took the dog because he and the dog were in the apartment together and then both gone....yet she still went back with him in September knowing he kidnapped her dog and never gave it back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events