Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 03:52 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times

Advertisements

What I really don't like are cat people who INSIST that their cats be let out overnight, or all day/night....so very irresponsible in so many level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 07:20 PM

306 posts, read 546,385 times
I'm shocked that they could "suggest" such an inhumane method of controlling the stray cat population. I hope the Humane Society gets involved and that someone charges the trailer park management with cruelty to animals. There is a much more humane way of dealing with stray / feral cats and that's called TNR (Trap, Neuter and Return). That's the only way to do it. It's not the cats' fault. Idiot owners who don't spay / neuter their animals are the ones who cause an increase in the feral cat population.

What an awful thing to ask the residents to do to those cats!!

Old 09-21-2014, 08:04 PM

23,539 posts, read 24,041,250 times
Agreed!

Trap those poor cats and neuter them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veg-gal View Post
I'm shocked that they could "suggest" such an inhumane method of controlling the stray cat population. I hope the Humane Society gets involved and that someone charges the trailer park management with cruelty to animals. There is a much more humane way of dealing with stray / feral cats and that's called TNR (Trap, Neuter and Return). That's the only way to do it. It's not the cats' fault. Idiot owners who don't spay / neuter their animals are the ones who cause an increase in the feral cat population.

What an awful thing to ask the residents to do to those cats!!

Old 09-21-2014, 08:50 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,007,728 times
The Park owner / Mgmt said they did not send the letter... The "Letter" looks like a EMail, did the paper look at it to see if the header info is from the Park Owner/Mgmt ISP?

While TNR sound good, (Who is going to pay for it?)

You can never get ahead of the problem, Cats reproduce much faster then you could TNR them.

Generally there are no or not enought natural predators to cats (and dogs) in the normal City/Suburban environment. So the population grows out of control.

Last edited by flyonpa; 09-21-2014 at 09:05 PM..

Old 09-21-2014, 11:34 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
The Park owner / Mgmt said they did not send the letter... The "Letter" looks like a EMail, did the paper look at it to see if the header info is from the Park Owner/Mgmt ISP?

While TNR sound good, (Who is going to pay for it?)

You can never get ahead of the problem, Cats reproduce much faster then you could TNR them.

Generally there are no or not enought natural predators to cats (and dogs) in the normal City/Suburban environment. So the population grows out of control.
TNR has been fairly successful here in town from what I understand. It's getting the money and volunteers that is the issue.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:40 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
The fact that someone wrote this letter and some people are actually following its suggestion to poison cats with antifreeze is absolutely sickening. While this type of behavior isn't isolated to Missouri, all too often it is the mentality in many rural areas.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:10 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Interesting some want to argue about misleading titles and whatnot, yet not discuss the thought of using poison to painfully kill stray cats/kittens (demanded or suggested).

I wonder sometimes about this forum....
If it makes you feel better I'd be the first to report them to the SPCA, along with anyone I saw attempting to poison animals, doesn't change the fact that this story is questionable at best. Sensationalist title, questionable facts, it's sole purpose was hit counts.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:34 AM

8,272 posts, read 8,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
My thoughts too.

Interesting some want to argue about misleading titles and whatnot, yet not discuss the thought of using poison to painfully kill stray cats/kittens (demanded or suggested).

I wonder sometimes about this forum....
So if you post a link that says "millions are dying" and the article doesn't say that we are still supposed to discuss it?

Old 09-22-2014, 08:46 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,007,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
TNR has been fairly successful here in town from what I understand. It's getting the money and volunteers that is the issue.

So what you are saying is the successful program in your town does not work, due to shortage of funds and volunteers?

Old 09-22-2014, 08:51 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
if it was suggested that they poison pit bulls, all of the tattooed, hipster chicks would be protesting in the streets as though another NFL player was accused of domestic abuse.
Stupid post. I find this whole thing disgusting & horrific. Actively killing dogs or cats, especially in such a way as poison, is awful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events