Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If there was an Ebola vaccine, would you take it?
Yes, I'd be one of the first to get a vaccine. Better safe than sorry. 41 11.20%
If it came to my region, then yes, I'd get vaccinated. 67 18.31%
Too soon, but I wouldn't rule it out in the future. 192 52.46%
Rush-to-market vaccines are dangerous. No way would I get a vaccine. 77 21.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 366. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 07:32 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,237,786 times

Advertisements

Please tell me why this person was allowed into the US in the first place. From a known Ebola hot zone, totally unconcerned about putting the US at risk, now costing the US a zillion dollars for his treatment. Why is he here??? If you live in an infected country - you should have to STAY in that country until the virus is completely eradicated in that country......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 07:33 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,226,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Considering the FUBARs so far and even CDC guy made the inane statement "We all breath the same AIR" during the press conference yesterday and had to be CORRECTED that it's not airborne....I'll take a shot and say this administration couldn't find it's way out of a paper bag let alone ensure these exposed people are actually SELF quarantining. Considering they don't even know how to lock the White House door.
Maybe the CDC and the government officials should send their own children and spouses out to care for this guy and whatever other cases develop, rather than put the lives of innocent healthworkers at risk. Hey, they're so sure they'll contain it, it shouldn't be a problem, RIGHT??

Old 10-01-2014, 07:37 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,743,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
This is just making me so mad, beyond livid. I've been saying for months now they should BAN freaking travel from affected regions! This was inevitable! Not just that but the fact that they sent him home TWICE, in spite of his symptoms and travel history is just...gaaaahhh. And they say they're prepared to handle it, what a joke. It's like they're inviting the disease in with open arms.
Me, too.

Either this is the STUPIDEST government in the history of mankind, or they wanted to bring Ebola to America.

Remember, Rahm Emanuel thinks we need a reduction in population.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:39 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,226,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
we can handle any cases that pop up here without worrying about a big outbreak. we have something they don't have in many African nations, doctors & hospitals with modern medical equipment.
Uh huh, awesome brilliant doctors, like the ones that sent this guy home with antibiotics AFTER he told them he came from Liberia

Great medical facilities and containment units only work if the victims are actually IN them, not wandering around spewing vomit everywhere. Sadly no amount of technology can fix STUPID.

In fact I'd say we haven't moved much the Africans in that regard, all that talk of great medical facilities in combination with sending the guy home really reminds me hearing about efforts to educate African people about birth control - they demonstrated how to put condoms on using a stick, and later found sticks with condoms on them sitting outside family huts. Sounds awfully close to what happened here.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:58 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,095,092 times
I'm just glad I don't live there.

Quote:
Dallas Fire Rescue has confirmed the patient was transported from The Ivy Apartments, located at 7225 Fair Oaks, in North East Dallas on Sunday.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:12 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,884,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
Me, too.

Either this is the STUPIDEST government in the history of mankind, or they wanted to bring Ebola to America.

Remember, Rahm Emanuel thinks we need a reduction in population.
And it was his brother who just this week accused anyone worried about ebola coming here of FEAR MONGERING.

Whoops. It's here. Snuck right in.

And it was OBAMA who said coughing in your elbow would avoid world wide pandemics.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:28 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
I'm just glad I don't live there.
Don't be too complacent. You live in New York. It could very well be there too. I have completely lost confidence in our screening system.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:31 PM

35,051 posts, read 31,251,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
He was exposed and he knew it. So he came to the US.
Would you rather be successfully treated here or die there?

Old 10-01-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
And it was his brother who just this week accused anyone worried about ebola coming here of FEAR MONGERING.

Whoops. It's here. Snuck right in.

And it was OBAMA who said coughing in your elbow would avoid world wide pandemics.
That's extremely annoying, all those people saying we won't have a problem if we just wash our hands. Do they really think we're idiots? If all we needed to do to combat it is to wash our hands, then how come all those healthcare workers are wearing hazmat suits? And still many have come down with the virus despite it.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Would you rather be successfully treated here or die there?
No doubt he made the best decision for his own life, but the fact is he isn't even a citizen of this country and had no business being allowed to travel here from a hot zone to visit family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events