Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If there was an Ebola vaccine, would you take it?
Yes, I'd be one of the first to get a vaccine. Better safe than sorry. 41 11.20%
If it came to my region, then yes, I'd get vaccinated. 67 18.31%
Too soon, but I wouldn't rule it out in the future. 192 52.46%
Rush-to-market vaccines are dangerous. No way would I get a vaccine. 77 21.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 366. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 01:07 PM

579 posts, read 516,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Liberia is going to prosecute Duncan for lying on his travel papers.
Big talk! That's just PR. Who says this guy is going to live. Or be extradited. Or if the Liberian Government is even going to be in existence in 6 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 01:13 PM

9,858 posts, read 11,867,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Are they going to provide them with cable, too
I can live without cable. Internet, however,...

Old 10-02-2014, 01:19 PM

I'm just asking... isn't there something that can be done for potentially infected people before the fact? I mean... this Louise... she's toast! There is no earthly way that she is not infected. The only chance she has is if she has natural immunity. Her children as well. It's hard to imagine that there is nothing that can be done except wait for people to start frothing at the mouth and growing fur! A vaccine is of no use to someone that is already infected. No one is talking about a CURE. Big Pharma NEVER talks about CURES anymore, do you notice that? Their approach to EVERY condition is to develop a medication protocol that maintains the disease at a sub-lethal level for the remainder of the patients life. 100 people in Texas could use something a little more hands on than simply being watched and having their temperature taken every two days!!

H

Old 10-02-2014, 01:20 PM

36,960 posts, read 40,898,119 times
If I were at risk of exposure, yes.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:26 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,551,431 times
Did anyone see the video where the little boy in Liberia somewhere was walking to the clinic because he was sick? He ended up collapsing on the ground just before he could enter the building because he was filling ill and just gave up walking. The medical personnel just left him there because they figured he needed the rest. Wonder how long they left him there... I felt so bad for this little boy that no one could help him right away.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:28 PM

11,316 posts, read 9,200,325 times
No.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:30 PM

36,960 posts, read 40,898,119 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I'm just asking... isn't there something that can be done for potentially infected people before the fact? I mean... this Louise... she's toast! There is no earthly way that she is not infected. The only chance she has is if she has natural immunity. Her children as well. It's hard to imagine that there is nothing that can be done except wait for people to start frothing at the mouth and growing fur! A vaccine is of no use to someone that is already infected. No one is talking about a CURE.
Vaccines can work between exposure and onset of illness. That is how smallpox was eliminated and why polio is nearing elimination.

Quote:
Big Pharma NEVER talks about CURES anymore, do you notice that? Their approach to EVERY condition is to develop a medication protocol that maintains the disease at a sub-lethal level for the remainder of the patients life. 100 people in Texas could use something a little more hands on than simply being watched and having their temperature taken every two days!!

H
Many diseases can be cured, so your first statement is inaccurate.

It would be nice if more could be done for people who are exposed, but at this point "something a little more hands on" does not exist.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:33 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,502,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If I were at risk of exposure, yes.
^ This.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Did anyone see the video where the little boy in Liberia somewhere was walking to the clinic because he was sick? He ended up collapsing on the ground just before he could enter the building because he was filling ill and just gave up walking. The medical personnel just left him there because they figured he needed the rest. Wonder how long The they left him there... I felt so bad for this little boy that no one could help him right away.
They left him there because there wasn't anything they could do for him. All over the affected countries people are lying dying in the streets while healthier people walk around them. It's ghastly. The WHO director should be asked to resign. She has never wavered from her insistence that Africa has to fix this thing themselves. We can send money but you people have to get off your butts and overcome this epidemic on your own. Right. That worked well.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Many diseases can be cured, so your first statement is inaccurate.

It would be nice if more could be done for people who are exposed, but at this point "something a little more hands on" does not exist.
Only a very few of the multitude of diseases that plague humanity can be cured. And many of those 'cures' only work on people whose natural make-up is such that the disease wouldn't have killed them anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events