Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If there was an Ebola vaccine, would you take it?
Yes, I'd be one of the first to get a vaccine. Better safe than sorry. 41 11.20%
If it came to my region, then yes, I'd get vaccinated. 67 18.31%
Too soon, but I wouldn't rule it out in the future. 192 52.46%
Rush-to-market vaccines are dangerous. No way would I get a vaccine. 77 21.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 366. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 09:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondu54 View Post
I hope she sues and wins. One visitor to the USA dies from Ebola and an oversized politician panders to a certain element of the public. Yet they have been 74 school shootings since Sandy Hook and nothing meaningful has been done to prevent these incidents.
You are aware that the Democrat Gov of Maine has state police parked outside her house to assure she stays inside right? He has stated he's willing to seek legal detention orders if need be.
You are also aware that any military returning from said hot zones will be stood down for 21 days as well right?

Epic fail on trying to connect this to gun control by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 09:21 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,603,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Agreed.

Again, I think that needs to stop.

Unfortunately it won't be possible, because people will react badly to that as well. They are in a bit of a damned if you do/don't kind of pickle....
Nobody knows how to lead, ey?

Old 10-29-2014, 09:22 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiebuttercup View Post
Yes, after the great outcry of public opinion, he did say that. Just like after the great outcry of public opinion, the bridal store closed.

It's ridiculous.
Bull-ony that Tommy only said that after a great outcry of public opinion. He's the head of the CDC. He shouldn't follow public opinion. He actually went on and on about how she should have taken a different mode of travel. Some leader!

Old 10-29-2014, 09:23 AM

6,341 posts, read 14,685,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
So far none. Yet the pro vaxers who are usually spreading the fear factor of anti vaxers kids killing theirs thinks Ebola is no biggie. Maybe that will change after they make a vaccine for it thats widely available.
Trying to start a fight where there isn't one, huh!
We will have to disagree on this issue - it's pretty obvious to me that the "average" uninformed "eboliac" , spouting off about "you can't be too careful" , calling for unnecessary quarantines, and villifying the affected healthcare workers also has "fart-bongo" in their vocabulary.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You are aware that the Democrat Gov of Maine has state police parked outside her house to assure she stays inside right? He has stated he's willing to seek legal detention orders if need be.
You are also aware that any military returning from said hot zones will be stood down for 21 days as well right?

Epic fail on trying to connect this to gun control by the way.
Ya, my gun might spread to their house jimj, it is possible, no? Lol
Again, the similarity is stupid people with guns can kill people, and stupid people with Ebola can also kill people.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:28 AM

3,866 posts, read 3,143,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
Yeah, the media can't be faulted for mindlessly parroting the lies / half-truths & misinformation being spouted by the director of the cdc and a certain fat, ignorant governor without asking any questions that would expose those lies, half-truths & misinformation.

We can hold healthcare workers to a standard that (doesn't exist), retroactively.. but we can't expect a reporter to ask a logical question..

Yup.
Well maybe you are right. Unfortunately the media is no longer made up of tough minded journalists but is an infotainment platform mindlessly parroting the propaganda of the government now.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
We will have to disagree on this issue - it's pretty obvious to me that the "average" uninformed "eboliac" , spouting off about "you can't be too careful" , calling for unnecessary quarantines, and villifying the affected healthcare workers also has "fart-bongo" in their vocabulary.
Yep, whole countries are fart bongos, makes ya feel pretty smart this morning doesn't it Zippy.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coseau View Post
Well maybe you are right. Unfortunately the media is no longer made up of tough minded journalists but is an infotainment platform mindlessly parroting the propaganda of the government now.
We can all agree on this one I think.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:31 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Nobody knows how to lead, ey?
Well logically, there's a lot of different cooks in the kitchen. All the authorities have different jurisdictions over different things. Some are just advisory bodies, some have legal authority, some of it's state and some of it's federal, some of it's military, some of it's non profit, some of it's private.

It's a big stew to deal with.

And if someone in authority actually came out and told you they were going to quit contacting, monitoring and quarantining because there really is no threat to the general public, would you believe that?

Old 10-29-2014, 09:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
So, Dr Craig Spencer, the NY ebola patient, lied to authorities when questioned about his travels around the city. Cops had to check his metrocard and credit card statements to find out he was out and about the city.
Oh noooo, say it isn't so.. The brave generous volunteer doctor who cares about everyone LIED about his contacts which puts many unkowning people at risk of a painful DEATH?
Why would he do that? Could it be that he put himself and his wants ahead of others?
Nope, no forced quarentine needed, everyone returning will follow self quarentine rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events